Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another successful install...Thx to the Forum!

Rack: RHOX and the part number is ACC-RR01
U-Bolts: McMaster-Carr

The rack was $204. delivered after some Amazon and e-Bay searching.
Marked, drilled, drilled slightly larger than the 3/8 just to ease install. Did one side first left bolts loose, lifted other side and lowered into place against the rubber u-bolt pads, flexed the u-bolts into place and tightened it all evenly. No extra rubber shims just the ubolts and snugged up. Would look better with black bolts so some Rustoleum will be coming. The bottom of the rack does rest slightly on the OEM rack plastic supports.

Dwayne

Car Sky Automotive tail & brake light Cloud Vehicle

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
16 Posts
Likely yes. Most boxes or bins would spread the weight around and maximize the footprint to be light as a feather. Load it accordingly and no issues. My use will be folding chairs and an Ez-Up, maybe firewood for day or evening beach runs.

·
Registered
36 Posts

Marked, drilled, drilled slightly larger than the 3/8 just to ease install. Did one side first left bolts loose, lifted other side and lowered into place against the rubber u-bolt pads, flexed the u-bolts into place and tightened it all evenly. No extra rubber shims just the ubolts and snugged up. Would look better with black bolts so some Rustoleum will be coming. The bottom of the rack does rest slightly on the OEM rack plastic supports.

Dwayne

View attachment 141878
View attachment 141880
Hi Dwayne - I have everything for my install....did you by chance measure how far down your top drill site was on the Golf Cart rack? Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
You are really stuck drilling the top hole just below the weld which dictates the lower going through the bottom bar just below the bottom weld also. The u-bolts are in control on this one. It just slightly touches the stock plastic bar mount in the middle. only one way to fit it really if you stick with the u-bolts.

Dwayne

·
Registered
36 Posts
You are really stuck drilling the top hole just below the weld which dictates the lower going through the bottom bar just below the bottom weld also. The u-bolts are in control on this one. It just slightly touches the stock plastic bar mount in the middle. only one way to fit it really if you stick with the u-bolts.

Dwayne
Thank you!

·
Registered
6 inch suspension lift with 33" tires and ShockWorks front bumper, sliders, and skid plates.s.
435 Posts

Dwayne

View attachment 141878
View attachment 141880
I could NOT find the RHOX Red Hawk E-Z-Go TXT 94-13 (part number ACC-RR01) online for $204.00. Amazon is selling it for $320.00

Amazon.com

E Cart Parts is still selling the RED Hawk for $259.00. However, they are still honoring the 10% coupon code and shipping to New York is FREE. Therefore, the final price is $233.10.

Storage Roof Rack - Fits E-Z-Go Medalist/TXT 1994.5-2013

I ended up buying the Red Hawk from Ultimate Car Parts. They list it for $225.33 plus $15.00 off it you use coupon code "FEB2022". I was not charged tax or shipping. Therefore, the final price was $210.33.

- UltimateCartParts.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if this hack will work for a Gen I? I've been looking for a drop in rack for a 2004 and this looks perfect but I know the roof rack dimensions are different between the gens. If not this, anyone have any other ideas?

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
180 Posts
Finally got mine 3 months later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What box you got there? And did you mount it to the rack??

I'm looking at switching to this rack and picking up the Pelican iM3200, but curious to know what yours is. Looks like a great fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All; Another Successful Install.

Pricing on these has gone up significantly.
Original retailer even has a note saying "sorry Nissan Xterra guys" 😂.

Long Story Short...I HAVE AN EXTRA.
DM me if you'd like to purchase it from me.
Price will depend on your location and the time of the inquiry but should be able to get it to you for $320
Sky Cloud Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood

Plant Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Asphalt

Motor vehicle Automotive carrying rack Automotive exterior Vehicle Window

Plant Wood Outdoor furniture Grille Rectangle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rectangle Wood Track Stairs Gas

I am debating putting the Cross Bars back on..
While toying with the idea I placed them back in (both ends had to be fully removed to re-install but they do get back in with some wiggling) to see what they'd look like and I noticed that they had to be pushed back into place a bit as the tightening of the U-Bolts on the CDL Rack actually put the strain inward on the support rails versus outward.
I wonder if over time this could cause an issue with the mounting on the support rails.

Regardless. I think that replacing one or both of the crossbars could be very advantageous.

I just painted them black with Rust-Oleum and will fully install them when they dry. See photo below for the mockup.

I intend to drill some holes in them and use them for brackets/anchors for future tools/rotopacks etc.

My theory is that they will add to the overall stability of the roof platform, serve as a safety if one of the U-Bolts snaps (which did happen to my first U Bolt when I overtightened), and serve to provide additional mounting points.

I welcome any feedback or ideas.
Toolbox Hood Motor vehicle Grille Bumper

Grille Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

81 - 97 of 97 Posts