·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Dang Putin price hikes!!

Found a 2 on ebay for $234 shipped:

Any of the PN “ACC-RR0X” racks should work so long as the dimensions are:

5"H x 32"W x 52"

The RR01, RR07, etc. just have different mounting hardware based on the golf cart models.

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
1,090 Posts
Well because of my recent donation.. I came to acquire one of this roof racks so I redid my original simple roof rack to include this one.. I think it came out pretty good
will have video on that at one point

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Light Grille

Plant community Automotive carrying rack Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant community Automotive carrying rack

·
Registered
67 Posts
View attachment 145330
I am debating putting the Cross Bars back on..
While toying with the idea I placed them back in (both ends had to be fully removed to re-install but they do get back in with some wiggling) to see what they'd look like and I noticed that they had to be pushed back into place a bit as the tightening of the U-Bolts on the CDL Rack actually put the strain inward on the support rails versus outward.
I wonder if over time this could cause an issue with the mounting on the support rails.

Regardless. I think that replacing one or both of the crossbars could be very advantageous.

I just painted them black with Rust-Oleum and will fully install them when they dry. See photo below for the mockup.

I intend to drill some holes in them and use them for brackets/anchors for future tools/rotopacks etc.

My theory is that they will add to the overall stability of the roof platform, serve as a safety if one of the U-Bolts snaps (which did happen to my first U Bolt when I overtightened), and serve to provide additional mounting points.

I welcome any feedback or ideas. View attachment 145339
View attachment 145338
Did you notice any wind noise while driving at certain speeds?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

101 - 103 of 103 Posts