·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Et Tu XC20

·
Registered - From Westminster, CA, USA
324 Posts
Bilstein might.
I think it’s pretty well know where products are in terms of good, better, best.
You think bilstein is going to get butthurt because someone who is an expert says their budget line 5100’s aren’t as good as a shock that costs twice as much?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Eh, You tell people how to think constantly on here. trying to act like a poet and shit. and your chili recipe is 3rd grade level garbage, so there! Lol
For what it's worth, I wish you a "Blessed Day"
I cannot change your attitude, but I may still be of assistance to you.
Click on the picture above my name and choose "Ignore"
Upon finishing this simple request you will not be bothered by me in the future.

Have a good day.
JAH

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I like the idea of options. This one seems a bit expensive for what it is, but maybe not. Not sure if the adjustability of 5100 is really necessary or not for me.
At some point I'll be upgrading from my cheapest possible lift (spacer and shackle), so just keeping an eye on all the offerings.

I wish the AllDogs website was more clear on things. Like, all around.
Almost everything I've looked at is missing basic info.

For example, this lift kit....
You can get the spacer for an additional 1/2in lift. Umm... how much lift is it WITHOUT the spacer? They never state how much lift.
Loaded control arms vs unloaded? I assume thats balljoints. Maybe bushings? What balljoints? Uniball? Dorman?
SPC vs ADO arms.... whats the difference? Give me some pros/cons, arbitrary description, or SOMETHING.
They boast things like "Their coil springs are also found in nuclear reactors across the country.", but miss the most basic info.

Yes, I know its a new listing, so they'll likely correct some of this. But I've found similar things with most products I look at.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I like the idea of options. This one seems a bit expensive for what it is, but maybe not. Not sure if the adjustability of 5100 is really necessary or not for me.
At some point I'll be upgrading from my cheapest possible lift (spacer and shackle), so just keeping an eye on all the offerings.

I wish the AllDogs website was more clear on things. Like, all around.
Almost everything I've looked at is missing basic info.

For example, this lift kit....
You can get the spacer for an additional 1/2in lift. Umm... how much lift is it WITHOUT the spacer? They never state how much lift.
Loaded control arms vs unloaded? I assume thats balljoints. Maybe bushings? What balljoints? Uniball? Dorman?
SPC vs ADO arms.... whats the difference? Give me some pros/cons, arbitrary description, or SOMETHING.
They boast things like "Their coil springs are also found in nuclear reactors across the country.", but miss the most basic info.

Yes, I know its a new listing, so they'll likely correct some of this. But I've found similar things with most products I look at.
From what the OP have posted. The set up gives 2.5” of lift. So with the additional 1/2 spacer then you are looking at 3” total.

As for their uca. The unloaded and loaded options is for the bushing and ball joint. Difference is that with ADO UCA you can source the ball joint locally compared to spc where you have to order or find a dealer that carries the brand. Also their uca wont give you cbc compared to spc, you have to grind your cb.

I dont own any ADO product and have spc uca myself. I am however interested in their leaf pack when i need an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just ordered mine. Chad just added the option for heavy spring in the drop down so those who want the heavy rating can still take advantage of the Black Friday sale, he told me the heavy spring kit won’t ship until mid December though.

I’m at 150k miles on stock suspension so this will be needed.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts