Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone !
So big news incase anyone missed it but alldogsoffroad are getting a new shocks soon for Xterra/Frontiers that are better then Bilstein 5100s and will provide apx 2.5 inch of lift and why better ride quality ! But you can watch the video yourself incase I missed/ misunderstood something
The shocks will be available late July !

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
649 Posts
Koni raid shocks for the Xterra?? I see the Toyotas have those as an option. Haven't heard much about them though.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Can anyone find a listing for Koni shocks/struts for a Nissan Frontier or Xterra on their web site?

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can anyone find a listing for Koni shocks/struts for a Nissan Frontier or Xterra on their web site?

No.. but as I understood they are working on it... thats whey they will have it by the late July

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Dont bite the hand that feeds you
" These are the best ride you can get and way better than Bilstein 5100"

As a distributor of Bilstein products, such a comment may have best been left unsaid or shared privately.

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

As a distributor of Bilstein products, such a comment may have best been left unsaid or shared privately.
😊
perhaps they will be moving away from Bilstein who knows...

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
they may produce good suspension but danm that vid was hard to watch, come on guys step up the video skills!

I like alot of what they seem to be dong for the nissan community though!

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
they may produce good suspension but danm that vid was hard to watch, come on guys step up the video skills!

I like alot of what they seem to be dong for the nissan community though!
With only 3 employees I guess their talent pool is a little shallow. They should contract PR out to Sturmvoik - as that is the last video of theirs I will likely try to watch. I do need new front suspension though so I am looking forward to seeing what they have, price points, etc.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
649 Posts
You can search Koni raid shocks and find the product lists.

Koni was my preferred on my mazdaspeed since I didn't want it to ride like shit on road and I have not seen a single set of coilovers that didn't jar your spine on ride. Serious complaint about having to remove the rears to adjust rebound. Other than that they were fantastic but I'd guess these will be very different then street use. No way they will be that stiff.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
649 Posts
Also, I don't think anyone will really defend 5100s for the Xterra as being good riding. They are not valved correctly for our vehicle.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Exactly! What’s the point if you have to disassemble the suspension to adjust it. Maybe I’ll shoot them an email.
Disassemble the suspension? You remove the bottom shock mount bolt, swing the shock down, spin it a few times, rebolt it to the mount. Not sure what is hard about that, honestly :p You could do it on a trail with a hi-lift. The fact that you can do it at all is impressive. You can't adjust damping with 5100s, OMEs, Ranchos, etc.

According to ADO, they are exclusive dealers for these shocks for Xterras/Frontiers. Not sure if that means they are the ONLY dealers, but maybe that's why they aren't found on Koni's site at the moment? Or like Sturmvoik said, they just aren't up yet since they were just announced.

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
With only 3 employees I guess their talent pool is a little shallow. They should contract PR out to Sturmvoik - as that is the last video of theirs I will likely try to watch. I do need new front suspension though so I am looking forward to seeing what they have, price points, etc.
haha )))

yeah.. I in need to full suspension rebuild this year... hopefully.. not that I found out about those new shocks coming.. I am on hold.... thinking to wait and see with what kind of shocks/kit they will come out

and yeah guys ... let along they have to run their company and they have to shoot / edit videos.. and trust me.. edit videos takes time its not that easy at all and most of all it takes time and alot of it..

as to their stream.. I mean... its just like any stream... what do you want... ? some RGB lights ? 🤣

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've found these in the past browsing international eBay. A set of four would run me $900CAD, then I'd need another $170+ for lift coils. For that kind of money I'd be going with the Fox 2.0 setup.

·
Registered - From Westminster, CA, USA
324 Posts

That’s his opinion, so who cares?
Maybe your commentary should be left inside your head?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts