Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
How imperative is it to torque the caliper bracket bolts to 136 ft lbs? In the past on other vehicles when doing rotors i've only just hand tightened them. never used a torque stick. And does the 136 ft lbs still hold true for 2012?

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
How imperative is it to torque the caliper bracket bolts to 136 ft lbs? In the past on other vehicles when doing rotors i've only just hand tightened them. never used a torque stick. And does the 136 ft lbs still hold true for 2012?
I've put mine on without a torque wrench more times than I care to remember and never found a problem when it was time to pull them off again, but I've done plenty of dumb stuff I would advise others not to emulate.

There was no change in the brake system I'm aware of during the model run so I can't see using that torque value doing you wrong.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I use the gudentite method

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

61 - 65 of 65 Posts