Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Saw that last night. Glad you are able to get it again.

I used to drive cases from NJ and sell them to the local liquor store in RI when I was in college.

Maybe I drank too much of that stuff but I no longer find anything special about Yuengling.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I drank too much of that stuff but I no longer find anything special about Yuengling.
Same way with Sam Adams for me. I live next to the brewery (and I've even done some contract work for them) so I live and breathe Sam more than most people do. Literally breathe, too, I once had to cut open an old Utopias barrel - there was still enough yeasty gunk left in there that I was getting buzzed just standing there.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Never found anything amazing about Yuengling either. And I tried blue moon before. Didn't like it. I know why too, it's just another cap beer from coors.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Is it because Yuengling is "forbidden fruit" in New England that everyone thinks it tastes so great?

Its mid-range cheap beer at best.

I have friends who act like they've found the Rosetta Stone of beer when they "smuggle" it from PA or upstate NY.

Also interesting ranking on cheap beer:
http://deadspin.com/36-cheap-american-beers-ranked-638820035

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
Is it because Yuengling is "forbidden fruit" in New England that everyone thinks it tastes so great?

Its mid-range cheap beer at best.

I have friends who act like they've found the Rosetta Stone of beer when they "smuggle" it from PA or upstate NY.

Also interesting ranking on cheap beer:
http://deadspin.com/36-cheap-american-beers-ranked-638820035
that's exactly why. it's like gold here in STL. for you guys up there, it's on tap in every bar and is treated like bud light.

it's f-ing delicious and i MUST HAVE MORE!!!

my dad brought a case of black and tans back from maryland and i've had to ration them out.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
that's exactly why. it's like gold here in STL. for you guys up there, it's on tap in every bar and is treated like bud light.

it's f-ing delicious and i MUST HAVE MORE!!!

my dad brought a case of black and tans back from maryland and i've had to ration them out.
Certainly easier for me to access (neighboring states have it) but, eh it just doesn't do it for me.

Dude is a Black and Tan something special in Maryland? Cause here its just a Guinness mixed with some kinda pale ale.

·
on line
1,113 Posts
I wish I would have known, we have it everywhere down here I would have brought a few cases up to the Back to School run with me.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
They switched most of their brewing down to their Florida plant several years ago, and a lot of the original die-hards that used to love it years and years ago when it was truly a local beer refuse to drink it nowdays. Apparently the soft water in Florida really changed its taste

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
it was only out of 5249 people.....so it was 105 people per state....not sure if that gives an accurate count of what beers people drink....

·
Registered
762 Posts
Living in Denver makes it incredibly hard to drink a mainstream beer. There are so many awesome micro brews out here that it would be a shame not to support one of the local breweries. Right now my personal favorite is Breckenridge Breweries Agave Wheat, or Full Sail Session Red.

And I am often shocked at how popular PBR is amongst the Hipster crowd. I guess it makes you look cool to drink cheap retro beer.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Their lager, black and tan and porter are decent. Around here if you ask for lager you get a Yuengling. Yeungling lager was basically all I drank for most of my 20s...

I am getting tired of all the over hopped craft beer. Sometimes the first bottle/can is ok but I can't sit around and drink that crap by the fire. Give my a good lager or stout. There are decent craft stouts and lagers. Brooklyn Lager is decent. Appalachian Brewing company Mountain Lager is pretty good. Yuengling is still my go to though...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts