Registered
810 Posts
Put it towards a tuner?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Put it towards a tuner?
Tuners are one part of the Xterra world I am woefully undereducated on. What are some of the products out there? How much do they cost? What are they benefits and drawbacks?

Either way, that's well outside of my $150 budget.

Keep the ideas coming! Interior, exterior, electrical, whatever! ...but not gas, I'm spending that anway. So, so much gas....

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Vent shade visor thingies.

I need some. They come in handy on these hot muggy summer days when it storms on and off, and you have to keep the windows sealed up for fear a downpour will sneak up on you. With the visors you can leave them cracked, and the truck isn't baking inside when you get off work.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vent shade visor thingies.

I need some. They come in handy on these hot muggy summer days when it storms on and off, and you have to keep the windows sealed up for fear a downpour will sneak up on you. With the visors you can leave them cracked, and the truck isn't baking inside when you get off work.
Got em. Good call though! I guess I should say that I have a few things. Xoskel LoPro and mouth brackets w/ KCs, Alpine audio system, Daystar 2" spacer/shackle lift. OTRATTW switches. K&N drop in filter.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
you could put it towards some armor, new set of sockets for your garage turning your old set as trail tools, recovery gear ( straps, hi lift,) wait for NYX to start anothe GB for lights

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you could put it towards some armor, new set of sockets for your garage turning your old set as trail tools, recovery gear ( straps, hi lift,) wait for NYX to start anothe GB for lights
Armor is a love/hate for me. I know damn well my X sees mud twice a year and no rock crawling so it's hard to justify the extra weight. But damn it looks good! Ditto for the tools, not enough time on the trails to justify. Which lights were on GB?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
the Totron GB. there is talks of him planning to make another one happen
I am making headway with Totron at this point and they changed the painting process so the fading will no longer be a problem. Aurora's are nice with a lot of options, but they are a lot more expensive and you just can't beat Totron's $/Lumen! I will go ahead and start another one up for the month of September.
you could also get yourself a IMS
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52189

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Spit balling here - some of these might be more like $200... This is everything I can think of that I've done that's near $150.

- Used Tuner from a Forum member (usually $200)
- IMS
- Coils SumoSprings for the front
- Seat covers (Wet Okole's are great.)
- Give it the LED light treatment
- Utraguage or Scanguage (I prefer Ultraguage)
- Sound proofing (I did all my doors for about $200, I have a thread on this.)
- Better Speakers
- New shocks (well 1 pair of 4600 HD Bils anyway)
- Steering wheel controls

Bunch of little things:
- Door Cargo nets
- Hood Rod mod
- Extra Blinkers mod (like in your mirrors)
- Raingler products (nets, grab bars, etc)
- Interior bike rack

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
steering wheel audio controls if you don't have them already.

it's a mod that i use every single time I drive anywhere.

·
Registered
918 Posts
LEDS from V-LEDS.

The weather tech floor mats are about $100.00 and the to replace the interior lights with LED is about $20.00 and $30.00 left over for a lap dance at your local gentlemen's club (at least that is how I would spend the last $30.00). That's some good bang for your buck

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I think I have enough exterior aux lights right now (6). The IMS is intriguing but the prevailing opinion seems to be they don't do much.
Jigga what?? I think you're confusing an IMS (Intake Manifold Spacer) with a TBS (Throttle Body Spacer).

An IMS absolutely makes a difference. By contrast a TBS might as well be a shiny paper weight.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Jigga what?? I think you're confusing an IMS (Intake Manifold Spacer) with a TBS (Throttle Body Spacer).

An IMS absolutely makes a difference. By contrast a TBS might as well be a shiny paper weight.
I think you are absolutely right, I was confusing the two. Thanks

How hard is the install? This is my daily driver so even a small chance of "oh ****, the bolt broke off in the block" is not an option.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts