Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
on line
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what the minimum octane is for the X or whether the published MPG figures are acurate. Just wanted to get a general idea of what everyone's actual mpg and generally used gasoline octane....

·
on line
1,407 Posts
I use 87 and I am getting about 17. That is after the compensation for the tires. Before the lift and tires I was getting a solid 19+.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
87. mostly city driving lots of stops getting 13 to 15

·
on line
168 Posts
Stock tires, slightly modified exhaust and K&N drop in filter. I made a 380 mile trip over the weekend with the X loaded down with kid stuff and wife stuff.

I got 22.7 mpg with 87 octane! No foolin'. About 1/2 divided highway, the rest 1 lane each direction with slow downs for intersections and small towns.

The owner manual says
Use unleaded regular gasoline with an octane
rating of at least 87 AKI (Anti-Knock Index) number
(Research octane number 91).
Here in Texas the lowest octane I have seen at the pumps is 87, I made a trip to Colorado and there the lowest octane was 86 so I used the middle grade.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
I only have 1100 miles on her and I am getting solid 18's and a few times 19. I am sure this will get better as I get past the break in period. I also think we have switched to winter gas up here already.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
i need to find a place around me that doesnt have that ethonol crap in it. ever since the "shortage" i have seen a 2 mpg drop since the hurricane.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
either i am driving like a maniac or some of you guys drive like old ladies... 17 on a city? that must be nice :geek:

·
on line
20 Posts
Was getting 20.7 - 20.9 until winter gas came in....dropped to about 19.5 - 19.8 after the winter gas hit...mid grade 87 oct driving 90 % highway with an easy to mid heavy foot on the pedal...

·
on line
45 Posts
I wouldn't believe it either if I wasn't the one putting gas in it. Filled up today, regular running around town 21.9. Only been on one highway trip, and that wasn't even a full tanks worth of driving. 24.9

1 - 20 of 122 Posts