Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
14,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the area that me and the guys went to do a prerun earlier this spring. It felt really dry then.
The east side of the photo is the western entrance to Yosemite which is closed right now.
The northern or top of the picture is the Hetch Hechy reservoir which is one of the main supplies of water for the bay area.
The circled area is the Clavey river bridge which now seems to be engulfed in the blaze.

PDF of the current perimeter for the Rim Fire. with fire breaks

http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/photos/CASTF/2013-08-17-1950-Rim/picts/2013_09_15-08.44.14.197-CDT.jpeg

this was our wheeling thread with some nice pictures

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63551

As seen from space.

·
on line
719 Posts
So many wildfires this year and yet the East coast has gotten record rainfall this summer. Hopefully the weather switches coasts soon.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
They were talking on the radio about this fire, this morning, sounds bad ... keeping my fingers crossed for you guys out there.

Also talked with the parental-units about the American fire, last week, as it was dumping smoke into the area of our family cabin that's up in Nevada City.

Here's hoping for some more humidity and mild-er weather to help bring things back in control.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Was in Yosemite a couple weeks ago. It was extremely dry and yosemite creek was extremely low. Not looking good.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
4,593 Posts
Also talked with the parental-units about the American fire, last week, as it was dumping smoke into the area of our family cabin that's up in Nevada City.
You can see this fire as a small red dot north of where the Rim Fire is in the Satellite photo above.

Our local news sucks. They seemed to indicate yesterday that the Northern perimeter of the Rim Fire was somewhat contained. Those photos show otherwise.

I know both of these fires are in really rough terrain. God bless the men and women on the front lines. I pray they get these under control soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts