Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to confirm information and get some help...

the OR rear end is the M226, it has 32 spline axles--Correct??

Anyone know how deep the splines are?

Anyone know the axle bolt pattern?

Anyone know the thickness of the axle?

Anyone take apart their M226 and have a bunch of good pics?

And lastly...anyone have a stock m226 center section hanging around??

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Wow, lot's of questions and to be honest, I would have thought that Team Xterra Racing would have been the best resource for most of those questions. :)

·
on line
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Muzikman said:
Wow, lot's of questions and to be honest, I would have thought that Team Xterra Racing would have been the best resource for most of those questions. :)
Yes...but numerous attempts at having a spool produced have fallen through...I have never seen someone get jerked around more than Dave has in dealing with a # of different fabricators and in order to get the X to the front of the pack it needs to have that rear end solved...and I'm trying to do this kinda on my own as Dave has tons on his plate...So??? Please help me!! Please....

·
on line
429 Posts
Do the rules of the race series require the use of the stock axle housing, etc? If not maybe your time would be better spent looking for a suitably upgradable replacement rear end. There may be bolt pattern issues, etc.

I'm just saying if the rules allow that maybe an entire aftermarket custom axle would be the ticket for a race team.

·
on line
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shodan said:
Do the rules of the race series require the use of the stock axle housing, etc? If not maybe your time would be better spent looking for a suitably upgradable replacement rear end. There may be bolt pattern issues, etc.

I'm just saying if the rules allow that maybe an entire aftermarket custom axle would be the ticket for a race team.
Yeah, we HAVE to keep the stock housing and such to remain within the 3100 class though all the internals can be changed (thus allowing a spool or custom gearing....)

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Wow, seeing how easy it really is to make a spool, that shocks me.

Have you contacted TrueTrak to see if they would make one. They already have the specs needed.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I assume when not welded the side or spider gears.

When welded I assume either the welds or the entire carrier.

·
on line
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Muzikman said:
Wow, seeing how easy it really is to make a spool, that shocks me.

Have you contacted TrueTrak to see if they would make one. They already have the specs needed.
THAT'S a good point...and its the same M226 thats in the Titan's thats in the OR Xterra correct??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts