Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Pro 4X. 51k. Colorado. Rain is rare. Heavy snow is the norm. I am wanting to upgrade my wipers and I want amazing wipers. I have the Bosch high end wipers on there now and they are ready to go. Just looking for opinions. Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! The Icons were good but I was not blown away. They seem to wear very quickly. Looking at the Rain X high end wipers or maybe even some PIAA high end wipers.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I have been happy with Trico 20-180 and 20-240 Teflon Shield Premium Wiper Blades. Got mine off amazon. Over a year in service and still like them. Plan on using them again when I need more.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I've had really good luck with the Rain-X conventional wipers with frames (not those stupid bendy contour ones). I also use the Rain-X orange wiper fluid. If it's raining, I don't even turn my wipers on, the water just flies right off.

·
Registered
575 Posts
My suggestion is to buy medium quality / 5-6 dollars wipers and replace them every year.
I agree. In winter, I operate wipers with ice on w/s and that plays hell with the wiper 'edge', so often replace in the spring. Even the cheap ones seem to work well when new.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I have been happy with Trico 20-180 and 20-240 Teflon Shield Premium Wiper Blades. Got mine off amazon. Over a year in service and still like them. Plan on using them again when I need more.
I'm running the trico flex on our cars now. They were on sale at advanced auto and so far they are way better than my Bosch icons were. Way better for half the cost is a win for me. Although in my case way better = acceptable so the bar is set pretty low.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
28 Posts
i just bought bosch icons and they are fantastic so far
+1. My factory wipers were shredded, but the ICONS have really impressed me so far. Made a world of difference, best wipers I've ever bought. Time will tell how they resist wear.

Side note: upgrading to 20" on the passenger side and 16" in the back is awesome!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Valeo is my favorite. But they are expensive and needs replacement every year or so. Although replacing wipers once a year is actually normal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts