Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a cargo rack, and can get a great deal on both so price is not an issue. Who has what and which would be better. Yakima loadwarrior vs Thule Moab. any ideas or are they pretty much the same. thanks

Shaun :geek:

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Pretty much the same. Some people like Yakima more and some people like Thule more. It is more of a personal preference thing. I have Yakima because I used to get a killer discount on it!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Anyone recall what I paid for this? Like $39? On the roof and used heavily for 17K mile, no sign of wear. $20 for the set of 4 lights, $20 for a 4 button wireless remote to control each light individually. $100. MC

All depends on what you will use it for. I think Coleman makes one just like it pretty cheap. For you thrifty shoppers. No rust, no dents, no damage. I want to run the wires inside the tubes this spring. MC

·
on line
89 Posts
Ive got a MOAB, I totally digged the way it looked up top. If you want it let me know. I had to take it off before the dealership would even begin to diagnose my wierd noise, and since I have been to lazy to huck it back up there.

·
on line
89 Posts
Mother Of All Baskets. They are pretty sweet I think the tubing might be a little larger than what the thule's made of.

·
on line
641 Posts
graciefighter said:
I want a cargo rack, and can get a great deal on both.... Yakima loadwarrior vs Thule Moab
OK, so you are in Ottawa, and I'm in Victoria, but I'd be interested to know where/how you can get a "great deal" on these racks. Rack Attack and Rack Stop in Vancouver charge about $500 for each. I can get a MOAB at Lordco for about $420, but that's still not "a great deal".

·
on line
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ebay, It looks like to me that the yakima has more accessories available, ie tire hold down clamps for a hi lift or axe or shovel. If I could find one of those coleman racks up here in Ontario I would probably go with that. I can get one from sportrack (canadian tire brand) but the website says it doesnt fit on the X. Anyone know of an aftermarket bracket that I can get to make this "fit" www.sportrack.com/a21030

Shaun :geek:

·
on line
641 Posts
graciefighter said:
I can get one from sportrack (canadian tire brand) but the website says it doesnt fit on the X
Call the Rack Attack store in Toronto or Missisauga. SportRack isn't a Canadian Tire brand - Rack Attack sells them as well, and a guy at the Vancouver store gave me a price last year, so presumably it will fit the X. The Rack Attck item number he used was 321030.

·
on line
237 Posts
I have the Sportrack - fits perfectly on the X. I didn't even need to move the crossbars. See pic at left. Cost me $250 from Canadian Tire. Easy to install Lights on as well. Well hard to see in the pic - but I'm at work so that is as good as it gets. I only have it on the X on select weekends as I cant get into my too short downtown parking garage with it on. But takes 5 min to put on and take off.

·
on line
237 Posts
No slip...fits as though it was made for the crossbars...doesn't really add much noise (from wind) either. A little, but not as much as my snowboard rack (without snowboad even). The fairing keeps it pretty quiet.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
I wish there was an aftermarket rack that sat down in the current rakc and was lower profile like the one posted in the how to forum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts