Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't any info on this issue:

I carry a canoe nearly everywhere when the truck is on the road - its solely used for tripping now. I currently use a Yakima Load Warrior...

I notice that the front edge of the Baja rack is lower than the rear edge. In other words, when I put a canoe up on there, it would tilt forward - from the looks of it, quite a bit (my boat doesn't have a lot of rocker, but at 17' the stem does dip down enough that you can see it while driving).

2 Questions:

Anyone have a good idea of how much lower the front edge of the rack is, in relation to the rear edge?

Has anyone tried fitting Yakima or other cross-bars to the sides of a Baja rack?

Much appreciated!

oh, and what does the current full rack set me back these days ($$$) ?

·
on line
2,263 Posts
I have wondered if Yakima or Thule towers would mount to the baja rack too. I would like to get a snowboard holder to fit inside the rack not on top.

I can get measurements on the drop for you but haven't had time to talk to yakima or thule about fitment.

·
on line
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey that would be great BakerX! I suppose you have one - I haven't heard from the Canadian distributor yet, but I assume price would be ballpark close. What did the full rack set you back?

·
on line
2,263 Posts
I bought mine from a fellow member who bought it from the guy that had it made for SEMA. I believe it is the first rack produced by Baja.

·
on line
2,263 Posts
Do you want the height difference between the back and the front? Here is a picture to give you an idea but I don't think its enough to matter if your are putting canoes up there.

·
on line
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Taking a closer look indeed it looks like the front and back are basically the same height. Just a little deceiving in pictures with entire rack having that curve in the side rails.

Thanks guys

Still hard to picture that its actually a 1/2" difference though!

·
on line
2,263 Posts
I took an 8' light bulb (only thing long and straight enough at the time) put a level on it and measured gap in the front when it was level.

·
on line
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for doing that BakerX!

That kind of finicky favour for a stranger is mighty good karma. Your truck doesn't have any noticeable forward rake does it? :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts