Color: Silver Lightning

Mods:

Suspension/ Tires/Driveline:
-265/75-16 Definity at2.
-Radflo 2.5 oe length coilovers 600lb springs
-"Franken-Pack":
PRG 2 leaf AAL(long leaf only) + Nisstec AAL
-Fox 2.0 rear shocks
-Custom rear drive shaft w/1350 rear U-joint.

Exterior and Armor
-HeftyFabworks Sliders w/ steps, bedlined
-HeftyFabworks Radiator, Engine, and T-case skids.
-OR gas tank skid.
-Relocated trailer plug into rear bumper from hitch.
-Rear diff breather mod
-BTF Kryptonite diff cover

Recovery Gear/Other Goodies
-Warn M8000 "hidden" in front bumper
-Recovery hitch/shackle
-Assorted recovery gear, straps, pully block, etc.
-Folding Shovel and Jumper cables.
-Trauma bag
-Murano 14" rear wiper.

Interior/Electrical
-Kenwood head unit, Kenwood amp and RF 12" sub.
-Midland CB
-3' Firestik II mounted with Firestik jamb mount kit.
-Optima Red Top
-McMaster 150# hatch struts
-12" LED lightbar, mounted on winch fairlead.

Removed
-Stock steps
-Mudflaps

Comments: 170,5XX miles and still kicking when it was sold.

Skids:

·
on line
16,147 Posts
nice! clean looking rig. can't wait to see what you have in store for her! Modding is an addiction and owning an X is a lifestyle! Owning my Xterra has changed my life completely! enjoy!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks.

Next plan it to get OME front shocks and spring (feel like they might be a better choice for me than Radflo's) and thinking about a winch in the stock bumper, and maybe some driving lights. Want to get the full OME kit and/or a winch bumper, but can't really afford it all right now.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took a slightly different approach than most. And while it might not be the strongest option, I think it will be sufficient for my needs.

Basically, I got a universal winch mounting plate and welded it to the stock bumper. The mount took some trimming to make it fit. I believe this setup will be adequately strong, and the absence of recovery points on the bumper will reduce stress in 2:1 pulls as I will be using the OEM tow hook.

Not the best pictures but you can get the idea. I also liked the idea of mounting the winch higher to keep it out of harms way, and any water/muck I may encounter.

Like I said, I'm sure its not the best option, but I think It will work fine for me. If I begin to have problems, it would be easy to reenforce if needed. I only foresee 2 potential weak points, the frame mounts and the front mount area where the fairlead mounts(some steel angle would easily fix both those problems). I will gladly deal with those at a later date if I think I will have problems though.

If you have any questions I will gladly answer them.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Installed the locker and diff cover today. Hooks up awesome in the dirt. Have lots of pics.

Cover ended up a little more "chrome" than I thought.

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t84/Desertrunner07/Xterra/
Images are in reverse order, ones in the end came first.

Has some quirks on road, hopefully it will break in/ I will get used to it. Most roads can't feel it much, at parking lot speeds acts up a little, need to get used to the best clutch/throttle use to keep it smooth.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How do u like that spartan locker? I like your different than most style. I'm not going to do a winch install like yours.
Posted via Mobile Device
Still too soon to give a good review on the locker. Has some quirks but it seems(and I have heard) you can get used to adjusting your driving style. I think since I'm a manual its a little more tricky to keep it smooth. Most of the time can't notice it too much, but in slow and/or tight corners(parking lots) it kinda makes the truck "buck" if it's not under much load, again I think worse since I'm a manual transmission.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Well if the sand and softer dirt areas you will shimmy a little bit when it engages but I think you can adjust it some to try and not bind or buck on the concrete unless you slip
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've also heard these lockers like Mobil 1 75-140 gear oil. I'm using 80-90 since thats what I had on hand, so I might change the oil out sometime once I get some miles on the locker.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts