Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Again,

I have a 2007 6-speed S Xterra that im in the Process of swapping a 1.9 ALH TDI engine From Bug. I've gotten out to a late start because of my friends CNC Mill head broke. I was able to resurrect a old Bridgeport of mine to finish the project. Although the lines wont be as crisp as the CNC it will get the job done. So far I've made the bell housing adapter, mounted the engine 1.9 ALH to the transmission and put the engine in place to weld the motor mounts. The adapter is made from ¼ 1040 steel I got a 20”20”section. I have 3/8 angle steel bolted to the bock and Mercedes 300D motor mounts in the place if the stock Motor mounts. I Will use 1” 3/8'” thick square tube to connect the two (Drill & Bolt).

Things that have worked well So far
1. Flywheel Mounts to the crank shaft
2. Starter Fits with a little Grindage
3. Powerstearing hoses bolt up
4. Input shaft bushing fits. (with 1/4” cut off it)

Things that Dont work so far.
1. A/C condenser dose not clear the front Diff
2. Rear Coolant output needs redirected blocked off.
3. Turbo oil feed line needs redirected.
4. Cut a 3/8" off the input shaft.

Although the A/c wont fit Since theres ample engine bay space in front of the engine I will mount it in the stock location but turn it around. Everything else looks to be going well Therese Tons of room in the engine bay I might pick up a generator head and hook it to the engine but thats another topic in it Own. :eek:ccasion5:

I've decided to add another 1/4# adaptor plate when I get a single mass flywheel and clutch. It will add support and a sealed transmission. It will fit flush with the bolts that mount the adapter to the motor.

Please keep arguments about torque to a Minimum

Tight Fit for the starter but it could have been a lot worst

Input shaft bushing

LOL Mid engine Xterra

Used the Stock fuel lines and the fuel Filter From the TDI. I took out the Fuel pump itself and Redirected the return line directly into the tank. I Kept the stock Air filter box mostly because i'm looking forward to installing a Snorkel. The Power steering lines bolt right up although i will get another Hardline since its to long.

I used a stock Supra Intercooler because it fit nicely and its been bugging me laying around my garage.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Man that thing looks TINY in there. Plenty of space for... umm... i dunno. Anything you wanted!

You might want to add a basic spec list for the truck.... what size tires, axles, gear ratios, intended uses, etc. Or start a "members truck" thread and link it here for the engine tech stuff.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man that thing looks TINY in there. Plenty of space for... umm... i dunno. Anything you wanted!

You might want to add a basic spec list for the truck.... what size tires, axles, gear ratios, intended uses, etc. Or start a "members truck" thread and link it here for the engine tech stuff.
Updated.. That pic really dose not do it justice... There is ALOT of room in that engine bay.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It will leave you plenty of room for big intercooler and radiator away from harms way of getting bashed in on trails. Could always use the twin side intercoolers the R32 uses on its turbo setup with radiator in the middle. Some e-fans and your cool for those hot days in MOAB!

·
Registered
823 Posts
You could always make it twin turbo and put the radiator and intercooler at an angle with a bigger induction in the grill area, as well as dual snorkels. Just my thoughts, waiting to see how this turns out.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Twin snorkels feeding twin turbos would be effing awesome!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I knew someone would like that idea and with plenty of room in the engine bay you can always relocate the windshield washer and the coolant canisters. It would give you plenty of room to run a second Snorkels. I wonder if we can run a turbo on our current engine.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
wow, that looks crazy! it's so little!

1 - 20 of 204 Posts