Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
yo dude - sorry to hear your situation. i have a thread here somewhere on my previous situation : SAME AS YOURS.

my final problem: ECM failure.
my fix: paid $1200 at nissan
Why: nissan's computer could verify each system and obtained a printout showing the failure at ECM

Alternative fix: some dude on here mailed his ECM to on online company, they fixed it for much cheaper. dude never finished his thread with price, to my knowledge. the company further confirmed they found the issue with the ECM.

I don't think i can direct message yet here....
cell is six one zero three two four seven seven zero nine

i think i still have my nissan diagnostic that provide for reference to your local nissan if they are confused.

·
Registered
27 Posts
at the irony is...

my truck died at the super market {as well} when the wife had both kids, ice cream in the bags, and the little one left a loaf in his pants. she was not a happy camper...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, the no start, fan coming on immediately, couldn't hear the fuel pump, and the LINK ERROR sounds exactly like my situation, and had the nissan software check my systems to prove it. I had the old IDPD (still do) and the tech was able to verify the IPDM responded. The ECM did not respond. if any one here is a Nissan tech, maybe you can explain that process.

ECM fixed my issue and never had fuel or spark issues. just my .02

i didn't read through my old thread again but i thought some dude said expect the ECM to go on a 10+ year truck...
(i think that is not reasonable though)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Drove to supermarket. Now cranks but won't catch.
Get an OBD2 scanner and get codes. Some scanners have live data which will give you the RPMs when cranking the engine. If you're getting RPM numbers then your Crank Position Sensor is likely working

What is the troubleshooting order here?

Thanks. -_-

·
Registered
66 Posts
yo dude - sorry to hear your situation. i have a thread here somewhere on my previous situation : SAME AS YOURS.

my final problem: ECM failure.
my fix: paid $1200 at nissan
Why: nissan's computer could verify each system and obtained a printout showing the failure at ECM

Alternative fix: some dude on here mailed his ECM to on online company, they fixed it for much cheaper. dude never finished his thread with price, to my knowledge. the company further confirmed they found the issue with the ECM.

I don't think i can direct message yet here....
cell is six one zero three two four seven seven zero nine

i think i still have my nissan diagnostic that provide for reference to your local nissan if they are confused.
I mailed mine to a company in Illinois thru eBay. Cost $95.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Get an OBD2 scanner and get codes. Some scanners have live data which will give you the RPMs when cranking the engine. If you're getting RPM numbers then your Crank Position Sensor is likely working

21 - 28 of 28 Posts