Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
on line
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Nissan has started exporting the Xterra overseas, in particular to the GCC (Middle East). I spotted one this morning on the streets of Kuwait City. It appeared to be a 2007 SE. It looked just like the US spec version.

-Old Army

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Always a nice choice no matter where you are at!

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Dude, let us know about you not being in the US

·
on line
135 Posts
If you watch the military channel you'll see a number of Xterras deployed in Afganistan and Iraq.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Hey guys, I really don't mean to be a nag, but just for the military guys, remember your OPSEC.
If I had a choice though, I would have shipped my X last time I was out in the middle east...

·
on line
204 Posts
That is a good point npgtech, but if there are shows on the history channel showing this, it should be able to be posted on a forum, right? Better safe than sorry though.

·
on line
135 Posts
Graytshirt said:
OperatorX said:
If you watch the military channel you'll see a number of Xterras deployed in Afganistan and Iraq.
Do you mean deployed for Military use?
Yes, clearly visable. There was a documentary on a few weeks back regarding a particular unit's push into Baghdad during the major action. Don't recal the unit, but the CO and a reporter where in a yellow X and they had footage from inside the vehicle and pictures of the X externally. The reporter was doing most of the story telling, but it was interresting to see this bright yellow X in the column.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
I think it was like 2 retired COs who wanted to go back and document the situation from a soldier's perspective. Wasn't that about right? They were moving forward with an armored column and came under some pretty intense fire. I think they said the X was even hit quite a few times.
________
brunette girl Webcams

·
on line
70 Posts
I 've only saw a few Xterra's in UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and Saudi. For the most part, Nissan is selling the Armada in the GCC, but it's tough
competition with a market full of Land Rovers, which are much cheaper than here.

Filled up in Saudi on Monday for 60 cents a gallon!!!! Filled up the X in San Diego yesterday for $2.45/gal.

When my wife came over for a couple weeks of vacation we did some dune offroading, unfortunately not in an X, but it's still a blast flying through the dunes with no worry of damaging anything. The hardest part is getting disoriented because everything looks the same in all directions as far as you can see, and its over 125F.

·
on line
135 Posts
syndicate said:
I think it was like 2 retired COs who wanted to go back and document the situation from a soldier's perspective. Wasn't that about right? They were moving forward with an armored column and came under some pretty intense fire. I think they said the X was even hit quite a few times.
Yea, that's right, now that you mention it. I was in an out during the show, but I did recall them saying they took fire and had to get out and take cover from the other side. Anyone up for doing the armor plate mod for the X??

·
on line
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
npgtech said:
Hey guys, I really don't mean to be a nag, but just for the military guys, remember your OPSEC.
If I had a choice though, I would have shipped my X last time I was out in the middle east...
Don't worry about me. I'm not over here for the military (believe it or not).

-Old Army

·
on line
70 Posts
Glad you like them.

Here's a few more I have with me. My wife has more, but I'm traveling again. In the first pick, the black one is a Nissan Patrol. The rest are Land Cruisers fully loaded for the desert including roll bars inside.

After you spend all day in the heat, you can always go indoors and downhill Ski in Dubai. This is the bottom half of the slope taken from inside the mall food court.

Can someone point out where the toilet is?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts