Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the new truck, I have to start over again at modding her up, and nothing hinders progress like scavenger hunting for information.

I've been putting together a google doc speadsheet on general information regarding our xterras. It will (over time) include general information, fluid weights and volumes as well as torque specs and quick links to the FSM.

Hopefully it will be ever growing and a quick reference to anyone looking for some information.

Take a gander at it and tell me if im missing anything or my data is wrong.

Xterra Spec Sheets

If you would like to contribute feel free to PM me!

·
TNX Administrator
20,476 Posts
Looks pretty good - very informative!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good information to give new comers. Isn't the gross vehicle weight on the pro 4x less than the other 4x4 models. I have a yellow sticker inside my door that states something like "due to the modifications to this vehicle the gross weight has been reduced by xxxlbs" I believe it is 109 or something like that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
on line
2,362 Posts
Good information to give new comers. Isn't the gross vehicle weight on the pro 4x less than the other 4x4 models. I have a yellow sticker inside my door that states something like "due to the modifications to this vehicle the gross weight has been reduced by xxxlbs" I believe it is 109 or something like that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Gross is the same. Payload may be different. For the most part, GVW-curb weight = payload. That sticker says the PAYLOAD has been reduced.

With very late model trucks (only the past 3 years or so, give or take) there is actually a payload sticker. That is how the vehicle was built, as it rolled out of the factory. Things like floor mats and hitches are installed at the plant, but post production. Old terminology is "port installed accessories". To account for the added weight you get the reduced payload sticker (not reduced GVW). Odd nuances of legal requirements and dealing with what happens before and after ownership is transferred from one place to the other in the manufacturing and delivery of vehicles.

GVW is the rating that the vehicle has been certified to max out at. With you, fuel, dog, gear, etc. The weight the 4 tires press down with as you operate.
GCW(R) is combined weight, vehicle and trailer.
But you have to add tongue weight into the fuel, dog and gear GVW number that is pressing down on the 4 vehicle tires. But you also need to pay attention to the axle weight ratings as well, especially with a trailer. Just because you have not maxed out the GVW doesn't mean you have it distributed evenly enough to avoid overloading an axles rating.

There is a pretty good chapter on all the GVW meanings in the towing section of the owners manual.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts