Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Minor problem but...

Any suggestions on getting dog hair out the seats? I took my lab to the vet this morning and I bet she shed enough to make a chihuahua!

I've vacuumed and used a lint brush but there is still a ton of hair.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I often have the same issue. After vacuuming, I either use one of those fancy adhesive rollers, or just wrap my hand in packing tape (sticky side out) and get the hair off. Packing tape is probably cheaper.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I often have the same issue. After vacuuming, I either use one of those fancy adhesive rollers, or just wrap my hand in packing tape (sticky side out) and get the hair off. Packing tape is probably cheaper.
Called a lint roller, some people call them lint brushes im not sure which the op meant. but honestly don't worry about it, as soon as you get it clean you will have to take the dog somewhere else and it will happen again. Just get it as good as you can, brush your dog really well (spring is prime shedding season), and consider throwing down some blankets in the future.

Trust me, this is a losing battle I suggest you just get used to having a small amount of hair stuck to your seats. :cheers:

·
Registered
615 Posts
best preventative option: Leather
Most rubber pet brushes work well on interiors. some have a "squeegee" on them, which is actually for seats. there is an advantage with using pet grooming tools for your auto because they often have parts on them for those hard to reach places. you can buy a regular window squeegee for cheap. ones with a 5 or 6" blade made from soft rubber or silicone work well. remember, the harder the rubber is on the tool, the faster the hair will some up, but prolonged use will make the X's weird seat material fuzzy. softer is better to preserve the seats, but the carpet is much more durable. i use these most often:
Seats and floor crevasas (soft) http://www.amazon.com/Buddies-PB557...sim_hpc_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0C9JD04PMHHNSJ6SC1R0
^this one holds some fur, but i recommend using it with a vacuum.
Carpet (firm) http://www.amazon.com/Four-Paws-Rub...TF8&qid=1395529668&sr=1-32&keywords=dog+brush
^this one does a better job holding fur if you dont have a vacuum handy.
You should use these on your dog BEFORE you go for a ride, to minimize shedding :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lint roller is what I meant. with an 80+ pound lab that's a lot of hair. I went through 3 'sheets' (peeled off 3 times) yesterday and was still getting hair.

·
Registered
248 Posts
just bought something that would solve this problem! it's called a hammock seat cover. There are alot of different ones out there but i found one on clearance that it perfect! it completely covers the seat, and it also protects you're pet from falling down behind the front seats when you hit that brakes! It is the Petco premium hammock seat cover, normally something like $40 i got it for $12

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've found that the thick elbow length rubber gloves, like you use for washing dishes, actually work really good to pick up dog hair as well.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We went out to lunch yesterday. My receptionist sat in the back while wearing a white top. When she got out it was white front, brown rear!

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
We went out to lunch yesterday. My receptionist sat in the back while wearing a white top. When she got out it was white front, brown rear!
Funny, my receptionist usually doesn't have her top on when she gets out. I think your seats are defective.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts