Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if a truck frame version of the Xterra will return to the Nissan lineup, ever? Or will all of us Xterra aficionados have to quietly become owners of the yet to be released Bronco IV? At this point in time, I am leaning negatively on it returning, but that's from looking at the world economy, Nissan corporate issues and tea leaves. Anybody know anything official?

Stay healthy!

Dave

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I'll bite. I don't think they will for a while - the main reason is there in a huge state of disarray. They have factory production for 7M vehicles globally even though they have never sold more than 5M. Sales were already slumping when Covid hit, mainly because they are now building first rate junk.

Having said that, they would be wise to do so, as that market is becoming even more popular, and Nissan used to have a presence globally at least with the Patrol. They could easily create one based on whatever the new Fronty / Navara Platform they come out with next year. Still I don't think they will - unless they use that platform for some future global Patrol. The reason being that in 10 years they only sold 300,000 Xterra's which was likely considered a failure unfortunately.

Datsun / Nissan used to be about building basic, very high quality vehicles. Perhaps with the management change and he Japanese hopefully taking over they will get back to that. I would consider a new Xterra if they ever did build one.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I watched a business show early this AM and they had the founder of Nikola Trucks, Milton talking about the upcoming truck to be online next year, the Badger. Taking orders on a truck that is not in production. If this does come online its going to be smoking hot. Zero emission. All electric version with 300 miles range. Hybrid hydrogen cell over 600 mile range. Put you tongue back in your mouth, 900 horses. His electric semis are being well accepted in Europe.
With Californication mandating zero emission trucks in several cities by 2024 I think Trevor has his wagon hitched to a string of winning stallions.
Tesla having some tug of war show offs against dino burning Ford trucks and Ford to have a zero emission truck next year.
Nissan has a leaf that could well be rolled up and smoked with almost no American market

·
Registered
335 Posts
I watched a business show early this AM and they had the founder of Nikola Trucks, Milton talking about the upcoming truck to be online next year, the Badger. Taking orders on a truck that is not in production. If this does come online its going to be smoking hot. Zero emission. All electric version with 300 miles range. Hybrid hydrogen cell over 600 mile range. Put you tongue back in your mouth, 900 horses. His electric semis are being well accepted in Europe.
With Californication mandating zero emission trucks in several cities by 2024 I think Trevor has his wagon hitched to a string of winning stallions.
Tesla having some tug of war show offs against dino burning Ford trucks and Ford to have a zero emission truck next year.
Nissan has a leaf that could well be rolled up and smoked with almost no American market

1 - 4 of 4 Posts