Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
2,077 Posts
probably not study enough for offroad incidents (or most on-road), but i've never seen this for the X, so i don't have a definitive answer, i would assume though it bolts up the same as a bull guard, so look up what people are saying about them.

·
on line
589 Posts
From the last trip we went on, Syndicate and I would probably offer that your approach angle would really get you in trouble. There were a few times that my Shrock front vs. the stock front saved damage and prevented contact; while this bumper looks like it would actually worsen the damage possibility on the front. Might look cool, but as far as off-road capability I don't think it would offer much.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
i agree with the above, if you stay on the street then get it if you like the look otherwise i would pass.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Definitely cool looking! But If it doesnt replace the front bumper, it wont help with approach and departure. For on-road use, I donno... (I love the look though)

If jim made a shrock type bumper like that, I would buy it for sure!!

·
on line
400 Posts
just like everyone already mentioned I dont think it would put up with the off road wear and tear abuse, considering that is hollow tubing they are very easy to get dented.. But definitely a + for looks, something different, havent seen anything of that design on the street.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts