Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any instructions or know where I can find instructions on the removal and re-installation of the battery positive terminal fuse link. Mine is damaged and corroded. I see several cable bolted on that are easily removed but Im sure theres more. Photos would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Anyone have any instructions or know where I can find instructions on the removal and re-installation of the battery positive terminal fuse link. Mine is damaged and corroded. I see several cable bolted on that are easily removed but Im sure theres more. Photos would be appreciated.
IF i remember correct it was just a bolt removal and replace, nothign complicated

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Bolt and replace is fine. I always solder them in to. makes a really solid connection. haven't done one for the X though, just old VWs. should be the same

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a two minute switcharoo unless the bolts are practically rusted on. Took me 30 minutes and a half a can of lubricant to get it off. All said and done it came out great. New nuts and brass terminal. Looks great and is much sturdier.

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
I tried to get the center nut off with a ratchet and socket. Used lube on it too and it wouldn't budge. Mike (Vorian) grabbed his impact gun and it came off like butter. Using the ratchet wanted to twist the whole fuse block, but using the gun did not and only turned the nut and broke it loose right away.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had to soak all three in WD40 for like 30 minutes. I shreaded my broken positive terminal in attempting to remove them. I replaced the fuse link and added the Lynx brass marine terminal. Replaced all three nuts with new ones. Looks great and its clean and solid. After 90k miles its about time I addressed it. I would recommend to anyone lookin for a more solid configuration for their battery setup

·
Registered
94 Posts
Long story short they didnt have it and told me a different one had same dimensions...nope. ran around and finally found the right one. All is good.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Most marine battery terminals are sold in pairs where the positive terminal's clamp is a bit larger to accommodate a positive SAE battery post with its larger diameter.

But sometimes marine terminals are sold as universals with no polarity marking. I believe those are sized to clamp onto the standard negative SAE post. Example:

http://www.batterymegastore.ie/noco-tz210cs.html

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had to soak all three in WD40 for like 30 minutes. I shreaded my broken positive terminal in attempting to remove them. I replaced the fuse link and added the Lynx brass marine terminal. Replaced all three nuts with new ones. Looks great and its clean and solid. After 90k miles its about time I addressed it. I would recommend to anyone lookin for a more solid configuration for their battery setup
WD40 is a poor penetrant.

It works better than nothing, but that is not it's strong suit.

Try Kroil or PB blaster for much more effective results.

:eek:ccasion5:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts