Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Xterra Owner from New Mexico

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  plucky 
#1 ·
Long time lurker on this site, decided that I might as well join up. I've learned a lot from folks on this site. I work for an oilfield service company in SE New Mexico. Most of my wheeling is done in the Guadalupe or Sacramento mountains.

2013 Xterra S

Mods done:
M-226 & M-205 differentials (3.36 gear ratio)
Nisstec 650# springs/shocks front, General HD springs with Bilstein shocks rear
Shrockworks front bumper, Warn 8000# winch
Shrockworks rear bumper/tire carrier
Hefty aluminum skid plate265/75/16 KO tires

Planned mods:
Roof rack

I'm always interested in meeting anyone in SE New Mexico interested in wheeling!

#5 ·
Ruach- Sorry for late reply, I've been on a road trip. We were in the X, but no wheeling😟, Mrs. Plucky really hates wheeling.

I'm in Hobbs, I do most of my wheeling in the Guadalupe or Sacramento mountains. Let me know if you ever want to get together and tear up some trails! This goes for anyone visiting SE New Mexico!

websch- Pictures! None too exciting, since I'm usually out by myself and am concentrating on other things, but I have a few...

My first view of the X after delivery to the dealer (it came from New Hampshire). Pretty good truck (49,000 miles), but not ready for prime time...

In the Guadalupe Mountains, after 1 1/2 years of modding

#6 ·
I think I saw you in Carlsbad a few weeks ago. The wife and I were in her Trailblazer and drove next to you in traffic from Albertsons to somewhere around Harbor Freight. Yours is the only other X I've seen in town with a tire carrier besides mine. I drive a metallic blue 2015 X with black Motegi wheels, a Shrock rear bumper, and soon to have WKO sliders.

#7 ·
That was probably me, I went through Carlsbad on the way to a camping trip in the Guadalupes not too long ago. I've never seen another silver Xterra in this area modded like mine! It annoys Mrs. Plucky that I point out every Xterra that I see, and describe the modifications. I've seen a metallic blue Xterra in Carlbad on some of my past excursions, I think it was down by the water park, too far away to see any details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.