Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
TNX Administrator
20,256 Posts
Organized Original Post (OP) with Models 2005-2010. Still need 2011, so if anybody has it, post it up so we can added to OP.

·
Registered
153 Posts
This information actually worked to my advantage. I purchased my '07 S-model a couple of months ago from a local dealership. They had it listed as an "X" model because the door tag had the letter X under the trim label. Prior to purchasing, I had researched the vehicle using the info on this site and realized it was actually an S model, with all the standard features of an S. However, I somehow failed to mention this to the dealer; so we haggled the price based on an X model.

·
Registered
42 Posts
thank you for putting this up! really helped me out

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for the info-I was wondering what trim "x" meant, mystery solved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for this helpful information. I have been researching Xterras online lately and have noticed plenty of ads online, mainly from car dealers, that call their Xterra an "Off Road" version, when in fact it ends up being an S. This is a great way to figure it out before you get too deep trying to figure it out. Of course, in the 2005's and other years looking for the "Off Road" badge on the doors is always helpful as well!

·
TNX Administrator
20,256 Posts
Organized Original Post (OP) with Models 2005-2010. Still need 2011, so if anybody has it, post it up so we can added to OP.
We now need 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 Codes, if anybody out there has them to update this thread.

Reactions: Houndsong

·
Registered
10 Posts
Woot!.. turns out my 'new to me' 2011 is and 'S' model!!

It was priced as an X, and the 'trim level' on the build tag said 'X'.. and I didn't know enough to tell the difference. Once I got her home, I started doing a little research and kept noticing that there were several upgraded features; alloy wheels, tie down tracks in the back, lumbar support...
''
Thanks for the 2011 numbers...

PS. No step rails, tow hitch, or fog lights.... but I can fix that *grin

PSS> Woohoo.. a little more digging, my 2011 was built in July 2011.. not sold till Jan. 2012... so it looks like my 36mo/36k warranty should last until Jan 2015!!! so I have 16,000 miles and 11 months left... bumper to bumper.. :iconbiggrin:

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Furrner has added the model decoding up to 2013, is there someone who has the ability to add those to the OP?

·
TNX Administrator
20,256 Posts
I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I posted a link to this thread on Facebook to help someone out, and it was pointed out to me that the info for 2010 is missing. Is there any way we can get that back in?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had asked in an earlier thread (several weeks ago) how do you tell which model (X, S, OR, SE) XTerra you have. If I can remember right, everyone was saying things like, look at the wheels, or look to see if you have this or that on your vehicle. There was no definitive answer given by anyone. UNTIL NOW !!! (Someone can let me know if this is posted somewhere else but I havnt seen it, so forgive me if I think I have an answer to something no one was able to answer with authority).

(inside your door jamb, on the sticker, look down till you see MODEL, you'll see a 10 digit alpha code (Some years have an extra N25 or N48 = XTerra). That code will tell you what model you have. Real handy if your buying a used XTerra and their selling it as an "S" when its actually an "X".

Hope this information will help people when out buying an XTerra somewhere other than a new one at a dealer (even they FU used XTerras) and they want to know what they're really buying. People change wheels, add options, etc. and what your looking at may not be what your getting.
I have an older model Xterra it’s an 02 how can I tell?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts