Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 09 grill is looking a little weather worn. It's a silver.
I'm wondering if anyone has tried a chrome rattle can to paint the grill.

Thanks

Doc

·
Registered
464 Posts
In my experience, chrome rattle can paint never turns out looking like chrome. It ends up being silver. But, on these front ends, I think a soft silver would look better than a polished, in your face, mirrored chrome.

·
Registered
2011 PRO-4X
464 Posts
As said above no rattle can chrome ever looks like chrome. It’s just silver. To get actual chrome effects you need something like alclad.

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
882 Posts
Honestly (even though it’s not what I’d go with), depending on the color of the truck, a chromed grill might not look that bad at all.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I like a darker grill myself. I went with the plastidip gunmetal grey. 6 coats of plastidip and it's holding up well after a year. The trick with plastidip is to remove your masking tape right after you spray the last coat rather than waiting for it to dry first and then removing the masking tape. The masking tape tends to peel the plastidip off if you remove it when the plastidip has dried.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, me owning a bunch of muscle cars, you can see where my chrome preference comes from. . I saw a Frontier in a parking lot and it got my attention. The plastidip was my other thought, and from the picture, it looks great. Thanks for the picture.

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
882 Posts
Try the chrome first. Then plasti if it turds out.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I used the new rustolium satin Black. Love it!
I was going for Satin Black, but didn't find something like that in any place near me here in Mexico.

So I went with flat black...

Overal I really like the look, a hint of the new Pro4X theme

1 - 12 of 12 Posts