Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
on line
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My first post and was wondering if anyone has the Xterra factory spoiler. If you do, does it look like this:

Factory Spoiler

If you don't, what does everyone think of the look.

Thanks

Edited by Dan

·
on line
268 Posts
Does it help keep the back end cleaner at all? I'd like it for that, but then again it'd get in the way of some of the functionality of the roof rack which I do use.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
not a big fan of spoilers. But everyone should do what they like. Make your truck your truck.

·
on line
1,977 Posts
It does keep the back end somewhat cleaner.But I got it for the look myself.I frequently have to put ladders on the rack and it does not interfere.However you do have to take more care in getting them up there.You can see the clearance in the first pic I posted. :cheers:

·
on line
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good looks and functionality but does anyone know if it affects gas mileage. Another forum said that pathfinders with spoiler have lower mpg than without. Not that it matters too much but would be curious.

·
on line
55 Posts
canadiantj said:
Good looks and functionality but does anyone know if it affects gas mileage. Another forum said that pathfinders with spoiler have lower mpg than without. Not that it matters too much but would be curious.
Maybe if you drive 90 mph you'll notice a difference (drag). But if you drive that fast, you obviously do not worry about gas mileage. :)

·
on line
704 Posts
You can answer your question by answering my question: Are you trying to increase the down force?

·
on line
500 Posts
OK, all this good advice got me to the Nissan dealer in Beaverton, OR, and $81 later, I've go a bug deflector. I the first thing I noticed is that bug shield gives the X a uni-brow bad boy look, almost a devilish grin. Time will tell, if I like it, or not.

Patrick

·
on line
64 Posts
I am thinking of picking up the spoiler off 4x4parts.com because they offer it painted. Does anyone know how hard the install is? I assume you have to drill... that or use a lot of 3m tape.

·
on line
4,434 Posts
I am thinking of picking up the spoiler off 4x4parts.com because they offer it painted. Does anyone know how hard the install is? I assume you have to drill... that or use a lot of 3m tape.
Or both.

Personally, I wouldn't do it I don't care about the back getting dirty, that's why there's a rear window wiper / washer.

Also, its hard enough by myself loading my kayak on top, if this was to make it any more difficult at all then forget it.

In fact, I really don't like the look at all. I think it would take 22" highly polished chrome wheels (with spinners) with rubber band tires to complete the look. Might as well make a ricer Honda Civic or something.

·
on line
2,883 Posts
A few off-road lights will probaly cause more drag than the spoiler does...

·
on line
1,977 Posts
You have to drill 1 hole on each side,VERY CAREFULLY!Make sure the template is in exactly the right place.Measure 6 times drill once.The whole base is one big piece of 3M tape.It`s a very secure mount.I`ve taken thru the car wash,cloth,many times with no problem.I love the way it looks on my X.If you don`t like the way it looks don`t do it or paddle your kayak up $hit`s creek and loose your paddle.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts