Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Well, I'm mad. I went out to the X to go to lunch and what do I see. The decals on my roof rack are like 90% gone. Just peeling off like crazy. What could cause this and can I get new ones?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Mine have been off my rood rack since about 6 months after I got the X. I think the problem lies with the fact that the stickers were not very sticky and the rack tubes have a texture to them.

I just peeled mine off, but I know you can get new ones from the dealer.

The odd thing about mine, the area under the sticker was a much lighter shade of gray.

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Muzikman said:
Mine have been off my rood rack since about 6 months after I got the X. I think the problem lies with the fact that the stickers were not very sticky and the rack tubes have a texture to them.

I just peeled mine off, but I know you can get new ones from the dealer.

The odd thing about mine, the area under the sticker was a much lighter shade of gray.

Mine too. I thought that was wierd. I try and run by the dealer sometime. Maybe I'll just peel them the rest of the way off and not worry about it.

·
on line
20 Posts
I got mine replaced under warranty, but the dealer said that some stick, and some don't...in other words, if you have a problem with them cracking and pealing off, the replacements will do the same thing...seems to vary from vehicle to vehicle. Sure enough, mine re-pealed within a few days. If yours look shitty, take'em off with a heat gun, and don't bother with replacement.

·
on line
1,044 Posts
My X is turning a year old on 3/11 and the stickers have yet to fade. Not even a peel forming or a single crack.

·
on line
186 Posts
When mine was brand new the left side was already peeling. The dealership replaced both and have had no problems since.

Just passed 2 years...no major problems :headbang:

·
on line
874 Posts
i took mine off....I didnt like them on there, they never craked or faded

·
on line
500 Posts
marzterra said:
i took mine off....I didnt like them on there, they never craked or faded
If you're removing the stickers, don't use a pressure washer, because it will blast the sticker into a million pieces that then stick like glue to anything in a 10 foot radius.

Patrick

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: I think they look SPECTACULAR and I'm kinda proud of my X and the visual advertising !!

--Oh, mine are solid and secure --

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

1 - 15 of 15 Posts