Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
on line
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had some unexpected fun in my X this morning...

This morning there was an Amber Alert in my area. Didn't think much of it. As I was leaving my house I had my scanner on like I always do and heard they expected the suspect and child to be in my county.

So I started taking extra glances at the car type they were calling out, a white ford taurus. Not even 10 minutes later I'm sitting at a red light and look to my left. There's some crazy fool in one of those self-serve car washes painting his car black!

Called up the cops and waited around the corner, since my truck with all the antennas would surely get his attention. Cop shows up and obviously didn't believe me because he just casually drives up and look around by himself. Sure enough I see white smoke and out shoots the now half black taurus.

So at this point my emotions are getting in the way. I'm pissed. There's no other traffic, the cop is trying to get his slow ass car to turn around in the tiny wash lot, and I know the kid is in the car. I put the hammer down in the X.

I'm still on the phone with the sheriff's office while I'm going 90 after this joker and calling out street names as I pass them. I would like to point out I made it clear to dispatch there was very light traffic, I knew how to drive, I knew the personal risk, and the kid was in the car and I wouldn't do anything dumber than I already started. They agreed to let me keep following provided I didn't run any red lights and I dropped out when the first deputy got there.

I was only on my own for another 4-6 minutes before some other officers joined in. About the same time we hit 110mph on this 4 lane straight highway. He turned off and wrecked soon after.

So the little girl is fine, so happy about that. After they pulled her out my head immediately went. "Holy &[email protected]* that X can fly!"

It did and handled excellent. So don't ever have a bad dream about high speed in our Xs. :)

That was my fun for the day. I was interviewed by local news briefly but I hate those people. I'll collect the photos of the chase and the dash cam video which I was already promised. Theres a great shot of my X flying through a field while the deputies drove around.

The U.S. Marshall's reward is going to shrockworks obviously. :geek:

·
on line
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
on line
1,054 Posts
rroadkilll said:
Good Job!!!! I am really happy that someone actually looks at the "amber alert"... AND CARES!!!

THANK YOU!!!

when i see those on the highways here in texas my eyes are always open, i just wanna say i found some thing, lol.

someone else beat me to it in their X... :*(

oh well, atleast the kid is safe!

·
on line
443 Posts
right on man!

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Awesome dude!! I love to hear things like that.

·
on line
148 Posts
Congrats, the biggest reward should be the fact that you may have saved a life!

.....the $$$ is sweet too!

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Great job man!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts