Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Xterra, iPhone5S running iOS 7.1

So Siri and the phone interface with the BT in the standard headunit, but not music - the nissan website only indicates that a phone/OS combination will work but not if music can be transmitted via BT.

Any ideas ? Can it be done ?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
my friend had a honda with a similar experience, we had to hit some button on the headunit to make it work.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Was this a problem before 7.1? The reason I ask is because mine (with aftermarket head unit) finally works right after the 7.1 update. It worked great with iOS6 and hadn't been right since iOS7 came out...

·
on line
2,243 Posts
2011 Xterra, iPhone5S running iOS 7.1

So Siri and the phone interface with the BT in the standard headunit, but not music - the nissan website only indicates that a phone/OS combination will work but not if music can be transmitted via BT.

Any ideas ? Can it be done ?
Correct. The only Bluetooth function in '11 was phone. The first and only factory Bluetooth audio is with the factory navigation head unit that wasn't until '13.

To make it happen on your '11 you will need aftermarket parts.

·
on line
2,243 Posts
2014 Pro-4X and BT works perfectly with my Iphone 4. It's the NissanConnect texting feature that I'm having trouble with.

My thread about it here but have no replies yet. http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=95658
That's a completely different system from the '11 that is referenced in this post. As I pointed out above, you do get streaming music in '13 and newer with navi. So yours being a '14 would have streaming audio.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
That's a completely different system from the '11 that is referenced in this post. As I pointed out above, you do get streaming music in '13 and newer with navi. So yours being a '14 would have streaming audio.
Oh my bad.. I kind of skimmed through your post and not realizing the differences between years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts