Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question but does anyone else's brush guard vibrate/shake a little while driving or going over bumps and stuff? just curious its not too noticeable when it vibrates, only when going over bumps. if anyone knows if thats normal or what i'd appreciate it and if it isn't how can i reduce that? this guy at the nissan store told me it was normal and there was nothing i could do about it and it looked great.. thanks all!!

[/img]

·
on line
27 Posts
adding the brackets stops the shaking I assume (I put them on when i did the install and never saw any shaking), but it still flexes when you hit pot holes, go over speed bumps at an angle, etc...

I am thinking of seeing if there is a better way to stop this. I had an older pickup with a similar brush guard and it seemed a little more sturdy than the newer ones

·
on line
4,919 Posts
There are usually brackets that bolt from the grille guard to the bumper supports that run through the gap between the bumper cover and the grille. Go check out another Nissan dealership and look at the X's that come with the grille guard. Most that come factory (and also the AutoXtreme one I had) have the support brackets.

I ran mine for a little while without the supports, but the shaking drove me nuts. I went to a couple of dealerships, and, sure enough, they had the supports on them. I don't think that it is "normal" for it to do that. It seems as though your dealer just didn't install the support brackets.

Bobby

·
on line
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i def. added the brackets and it helped tremendously but it still vibrates but its not as noticeable as it was with out, thanks guys!

·
on line
148 Posts
I have an Aries guard. I added the top supports. Besides minor flexing over bumps or potholes, no rattling for me. It attaches above the grill and actually runs through the top hole/opening in the grill.

·
on line
192 Posts
can someone take apicture of the extra brackets, and how you mounted them? I seriously wore off hair scratching my head trying to figure out where those stupid things attach.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts