Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Intro Comments: Been a member of the forum for many years, but haven’t been active since I trading my 2012 Xterra in on a 2dr JK.... I know, I know.... I knew as I was driving home from the dealership that I had made a big mistake. Fast forward 3 years and I’m remarried and now have 2 daughters and 2 step daughters.... The Jeep isn’t cutting it anymore, (plus there is ALWAYS something wrong with it), I missed my Xterra, but I need something that will seat 6. It took 6 months to find one rust free with low miles and It was 1400 miles away plus I over paid for it! but finally I found a 2011 V8 Pathfinder.

Ok so this isn’t an Xterra, it’s more like its bigger brother. But from the driver seat you can’t really tell the difference, except for that V8 5.6L under the hood!

This has to be a “ Be All - Do All” Truck! There is going to be a LOT of custom parts, but I will also use as many OE parts as possible to make getting replacements easier.

Username: ori

Make: Nissan

Year: 2011

Model: Pathfinder

Trim: LE 5AT V8 5.6L

Color: Dark Slate

MODS

Armor:

Front Bumper - custom

Rear Bumper - custom

Sliders - custom

Skid Plates - custom

Drivetrain:

>Front

M205

ARB

4.10s

>Rear

JK D44 retubed to 70” WMS to WMS with 35 Spline Shafts

OX locker

4.10s

Suspension:

>Front

Titan-swap with King Coil Overs

>Rear:

Custom 4 Link SAS

Rims/Tires:

17” KMC enduro beadlocks

37” Cooper STT PROs

Future Mods:

Details to come... Plans could change some depending on hang ups... You know how these things go. :D

PHOTOS

This is what it looks like right now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Xpedition Path build

Due to time constraints and the number of projects I’m currently working on, I’m making a few changes. Going to stay with the M205 and do a Titan swap with king coilovers in the front. I still plan to build the custom IFS setup but it’s getting pushed back a while. I’m ready to get this thing on the trails!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
NewX’er 4life
2,536 Posts
You can also slap on the rear end of an armada to match the front titan swap. Then re-gear both to match.That will give you 8” of travel front and whatever the extra travel the armada gives in rear (if you stay OEM) saving thousands, or if you want aftermarket titan arms up front 10” of travel. If I had a V8 pathy that’s what I’d do anyway.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All of my parts have finally arrived!!! I’ll tear it down next weekend! Got the CB installed this weekend. Also covered up the wood grain on the center console. Still need to mount the antenna and connect the hot wire but the hard part is over!

Before

After

Please excuse the dirty truck...

Also still need to wrap the wood pieces in the door panels.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’ve made a little progress. I’ve got the front mocked up. Still need to build upper control arms and coilover mounts. Also got the rear 4link brackets welded into place and some temporary links to check clearance on a few things.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
This build is BadA$$. Looking forward to seeing your progressions. Sub'd

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ori
1 - 20 of 49 Posts