Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update

I escalated my case to a 'Claim' on Paypal.

A couple of days later I was then contacted by Xoskel.

John apologised & mentioned again that he has been sick & has been spending a lot of time sleeping in bed and that he was also busy sorting out the Xoskel Website domain/email problems which were down.

Delighted to say I have finally received an email from FEDEX stating that the parcel had been picked up from Xoskel and is in transit… finally phew...

Cheers!
For all we know, he could be battling Cancer and Chemo treatments... I know first hand how exhausting that can be and what it does to someone. Now, I'm not saying its an excuse for him to rip people off but that very well could be the answer. Honestly, he just needs to be honest with people and stop playing games. I understand that he could easily get overwhelmed and bogged down but he seriously needs to fix any problems before he does anything else.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
That still would not explain why:
1. He responds immediately to someone wanting to send him money but ignores others he has failed to fulfill the business deal.

2. Has not responded on here.

3. Has not posted anything on his website.

4. Is not refunding people.

5. Changing design of product without consulting the person who paid for something else.

·
Registered
152 Posts
For all we know, he could be battling Cancer and Chemo treatments... I know first hand how exhausting that can be and what it does to someone. Now, I'm not saying its an excuse for him to rip people off but that very well could be the answer. Honestly, he just needs to be honest with people and stop playing games. I understand that he could easily get overwhelmed and bogged down but he seriously needs to fix any problems before he does anything else.
This isnt a sob story, this is dishonest business practices, cut and dry, open and shut.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
He is a sponsor of goneMOAB this year again and he is donating a 2nd Gen Frontier Roof Rack for the raffle. So he is I suppose still running his business, not the right way, but still running it. Just food for thought.
Is this supposed to make people think highly of him? IMO it proves he has time to build and is trying to generate business to screw over more people.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This isnt a sob story, this is dishonest business practices, cut and dry, open and shut.

I def agree, its bad business, i was just throwing a scenario out there. It's at the point now of defrauding people and I'm waiting for someone to take serious legal action against him.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
He is a sponsor of goneMOAB this year again and he is donating a 2nd Gen Frontier Roof Rack for the raffle. So he is I suppose still running his business, not the right way, but still running it.

Just food for thought.
Probably someone on here's rack who payed for it a year or more ago. Man would I pay to see a bunch of people in MOAB rockin' these on their trucks.

·
on line
2,165 Posts
I delivered one rack to Gone last year from him. I don't think he finished the one that was raffled off for another 8 months.

So whoever wins the rack at Gone will at least be forewarned that they shouldn't actually expect their prize soon!

·
Registered
822 Posts
There was a guy making products for the mazda6 back in the day... reminds me alot of this situation. He was going strong turning things out like crazy and then as orders slowed so did he. As soon as he wasn't the new thing on the block he jumped to other forums and vehicles and left a few people high and dry. Never did he actually say I'm not doing Mazda stuff anymore but pretty much let people order and pay and then never delivered anything. These days all Xoskel has to do is change the company name and join a FJ forum or something and start all over again making big margins on light bars. Not saying this is exactly whats going on, it just smells the same.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Why would the organizers of gone allow him to sponsor it. The more time goes by the more I realize there are some shady people around here. Shame.

And how does he have money to sponsor it, when he doesn't have money to refund anyone who he's screwed? Seriously for shame.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
He is a sponsor of goneMOAB this year again and he is donating a 2nd Gen Frontier Roof Rack for the raffle. So he is I suppose still running his business, not the right way, but still running it.

Just food for thought.
Only put tickets in to win it if it is actually there and ready to take home with you. I wouldn't risk winning it and waiting, you'll probably have a new vehicle by the time you got it.

·
on line
3,453 Posts
Bet John won't show his ass at the MOAB event....

Even if he does show up, someone needs to hold him down and let the rest of others that are waiting on the rack kick him while he's on the ground.

That's a dream that I'm sure many would love to make a reality with him.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Let the gonemoab crew know your concern on their website. They have heard from a few of us and decided to let him sponsor.
I've kept an eye on this thread from the beginning and definitely understand the frustration of those that have yet to see their products and seen little to no communication.

We originally brought on Xoskel as a 2014 sponsor back in the Jan./Feb. time frame when he released that he would be donating a 2nd Gen Frontier roof rack and that it was only pending powdercoating. There were initial discussions with him at last year's Raffle Night.

The goneMoab organizers have discussed this topic at almost every meeting we've had in the last couple months so don't think it's something we've ignored/overlooked. As this thread went on and more and more of you were having issues, it was discussed and the decision was made by the group to only keep Xoskel as a sponsor if a rack was delivered to Moab. We've been is communication with Xoskel in the last couple weeks and the status is the same.

An assessment will also be made when time comes to contact vendors for 2015 sponsorship.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss further...

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Les, I think (not that you particularly need/want input from everyone, but hey ... you know how this place is ;)) that approach is fair, given what you've said about timing and the past relationship that GONE has had with Xoskel as a sponsor.

However, it does bear keeping in mind that GONE has a relationship with the larger Nissan (and more specifically 2nd Gen Xterra) community, and a brand of its own ... as does Xoskel. Given the direction that Xoskel's seems to be headed, I think you're right to seriously consider the ramifications of a continued relationship between the two.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Les, I think (not that you particularly need/want input from everyone, but hey ... you know how this place is ;)) that approach is fair, given what you've said about timing and the past relationship that GONE has had with Xoskel as a sponsor.

However, it does bear keeping in mind that GONE has a relationship with the larger Nissan (and more specifically 2nd Gen Xterra) community, and a brand of its own ... as does Xoskel. Given the direction that Xoskel's seems to be headed, I think you're right to seriously consider the ramifications of a continued relationship between the two.
Thanks Jon... I completely agree with you and just wanted the guys here to know that as you stated, "seriously consider the ramifications of a continued relationship between the two" is being done.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Well that makes absolutely no sense. Since he is much more likely to respond/deliver to the "Gone"organization.

All this does is advertise for him, attracting more business, so he can screw more people.

Not everyone follows the forum enough to make an informed decision.

This makes it seems as though the "gone" people vouched for him.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've kept an eye on this thread from the beginning and definitely understand the frustration of those that have yet to see their products and seen little to no communication.

We originally brought on Xoskel as a 2014 sponsor back in the Jan./Feb. time frame when he released that he would be donating a 2nd Gen Frontier roof rack and that it was only pending powdercoating. There were initial discussions with him at last year's Raffle Night.

The goneMoab organizers have discussed this topic at almost every meeting we've had in the last couple months so don't think it's something we've ignored/overlooked. As this thread went on and more and more of you were having issues, it was discussed and the decision was made by the group to only keep Xoskel as a sponsor if a rack was delivered to Moab. We've been is communication with Xoskel in the last couple weeks and the status is the same.

An assessment will also be made when time comes to contact vendors for 2015 sponsorship.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss further...
Personally i think its a shame that you are allowing him to attach his dishonest practices to your event's good name. I can only hope that no one introduced to Xoskel through GONE is defrauded of funds.

Considering you openly acknowledge your awareness of the situation here and still chose to provide a venue for Xoskel to attract more victims, it could certainly present legal and financial liability to you in the future.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Considering you openly acknowledge your awareness of the situation here and still chose to provide a venue for Xoskel to attract more victims, it could certainly present legal and financial liability to you in the future.
I'm no legal scholar ... but I'm not sure I buy that logic. Oh, and I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night ... :eek:ccasion5:

I was going to type out what amounts to a whole treatise expanding on and defending my opinions ... but for this format (the forum) I'm not sure it's really worth it.

I've stated that I think what GONE has done is reasonable, at least as far as I understand it ... at the end of the day, it's just my opinion, and it's worth exactly what you paid for it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts