Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
TNX Administrator
20,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oh man does my head hurt. I've read all 515 replies, (53 Pages of http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62873), and I'll see what I can do, so please stand-by...

Ok let me ask a productive question -- can someone tell me how many people and how much $ we are talking about? Smart assed-ness aside, ripping people off is not cool, and if I can help I will. , if I remember correctly he's out of Arizona?
OK I'm with NMTerras, I'm getting tired of this thread continuing with its lynch mob mentality perpetrated by several members who have no stake in the dispute being "discussed." I would like an actual count from actual members who haven't received what they ordered and it's cost. Don't want any 'hearsay statements' or 'I think such-n-such ordered this' inputs. Thread is now opened back up.....

Review of the above thread indicates the following and will be updated accordingly;
[table=head]No. | Screen Name | Product | Ordered | $Cost | Shipped | Rec'ed | Status
1.| AZXterra410 |Sliders | | | |
| Closed
2.| GhostX | Roof Rack#2 | | | 02/24/14 |
| Closed
3.| High-Altitude-X | Sliders | | $393 | Refunded |
| Closed
4.| marksmatter | LoPro Lightbar | | | | | :dontknow:
5.| Phelan | Bumper Mouth Bracket | | | | | :dontknow:
6.| tyler359 | Bumper Mouth Bracket | | $70 | |
| Closed
7.| Jacq Fou! | Roof Rack | 08/13/12 | | 01/13/14 |
| Closed
8.| AZXterra410 | Roof Rack | 10/01/12 | | 04/18/13 |
| Closed
9.| AZXterra410 | Roof Lights | 10/01/12 | $100 | | | :dontknow:
10.| UofA_Xterra | Gen1 Roof Rack | 12/01/12 | | 09/01/13 |
| Closed
11.| JCLEM | Roof Rack | 12/05/12 | $900 | 05/01/13 |
| Closed
12.| GeoXplorer | Roof Rack | 01/01/13 | $895 | Threat Legal Action | No Response | :dontknow:
13.| JayAre | Roof Rack | 01/02/13 | | 01/21/14 |
| Closed
14.| wiseguy3501 | Roof Rack | 01/24/13 | | 05/03/13 |
| Closed
15.| GhostX | Roof Rack#1 | 02/20/13 | |05/25/13 |
| Closed
16.| brijn | Roof Rack w/Crossbars | 02/28/13 | $900 | 08/18/13 |
| Closed
17.| thirtyaughtsix | Roof Rack & Sliders | 05/01/13 | $1340 | | | :dontknow:
18.| jbrish | Roof Rack | 05/31/13 | $510 | | | :dontknow:
19.| TravZilla | Roof Rack | 06/01/13 | $375 | 05/16/14 |
| Closed
20.| TravZilla | Roof Lights | 06/01/13 | $550 | 05/16/14 |
| Closed
21.| JARunning | Roof Rack | 08/01/13 | $487.50 | 0Rec'ed Refund 7/21/14 |
| Closed
22.| paulc_dc | Roof Rack & Sliders | 08/03/13 | $600 | 05/23/14 |
| Closed
23.| optik310 | | 11/14/13 | | | | :dontknow:
24.| AZ-Ted | Titan Sliders | 11/15/13 | $300 | | | :dontknow:
25.| zball94 | LoPro Lightbar | 12/20/13 | | 01/16/14 |
| Closed
25.| MaggieX | Bumper Mouth Bracket | 02/05/14 | $105.50 | | | :dontknow:
26.| MaggieX | Rear Light Bar | 02/05/14 | $72.50 | | | :dontknow:
27.| theFace | Bumper Mouth Bracket | 02/07/14 | | 04/19/14 |
| Closed
28.| Snowman13 | LoPro Lightbar | 02/12/14 | $165.25 | Refunded 04/05/14 |
| Closed
29.| theFace | LoPro Lightbar | 02/14/14 | | 04/19/14 |
| Closed
30.| WEL007 | (2) LoPro Lightbars | 03/10/14 | | 04/20/14 |
| Closed
31.| xnjxterra | LoPro Lightbar | 04/30/14 | $130.28 | 05/27/14 |
| Closed
32.| dtaylor072 | 1st Gen LoPro Light Cage | 8/28/14 | $207.78 | | | :dontknow:
33.| JediSquid | Bumper Month Bracket | 10/9/14 | $105.50 | | | :dontknow:
34.| aacosta1230 | LoPro Lightbar | | | | | :dontknow:
[/table]

This has been an on-going issue with all of our home grown vendors, in that they started a project in their garage/backyard as a part time job and because there is no aftermarket products for Xterra's - BAM they get overloaded and backlogged with orders and start to sink faster then they can bail. It happen to ShrockWorks, then PRG, then HeftyFab and now Xoskel. It took a while for ShrockWorks and HeftyFab to dig themselves out from under the mess they got into and from what I hear PRG is getting better. Another one of our vendors that is doing good and didn't fall into this trap was DepHep, in the long run Tony thought it would be better as a full time job vice part time when he started. I just hope Xoskel can raise above this mess and once again produce great products in a timely manner....

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Old Navy:

First rack ordered 2/20/13, as you stated above.

Received "first" roof rack at goneMOAB, 5/25/2013.

That rack ended up covering Xoskel's obligation from the event in 2012.

My "second" rack was picked up February 24th, 2014.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Order Finally Received

Update

I escalated my case to a 'Claim' on Paypal.

A couple of days later I was then contacted by Xoskel.

John apologised & mentioned again that he has been sick & has been spending a lot of time sleeping in bed and that he was also busy sorting out the Xoskel Website domain/email problems which were down.

Delighted to say I have finally received an email from FEDEX stating that the parcel had been picked up from Xoskel and is in transit… finally phew...

Cheers!

UPDATE:

I have now received my order & both the roof light bars look GREAT - very impressed !!!

The packing box they came in was also extremely well put together & packaged.

Looking forward to the weekend to mount it all with the lights etc. : )

Thanks Xoskel / John (and hope you get well soon and get back into the grind - cause you do have a good product...)

·
Registered
6 Posts
UPDATE:

I have now received my order & both the roof light bars look GREAT - very impressed !!!

The packing box they came in was also extremely well put together & packaged.

Looking forward to the weekend to mount it all with the lights etc. : )

Thanks Xoskel / John (and hope you get well soon and get back into the grind - cause you do have a good product...)

Come on Xoskel - get all your pending orders sorted !!! It is a real shame if this is being done intentionally !!! What is the world coming to...

·
Registered
822 Posts
Just want to say thank you to Old Navy for getting this thread back on track and moving in a productive direction. The info you have from me is accurate for the roof rack. The sliders were a while back so I don't remember the dates but it was 6+ months from time I paid till time delivered.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I never got my sliders after the several missed deadlines that he himself set. Never saw any pictures even though he promised them many times. Told me he was sick too many times to count to where i thought i was paying his medical bills. Finally after threats of legal action I got my $393 back. Minus the interest I could have made had it sat in my account, but at least i got it back.

·
Registered
78 Posts
$487.50 is owed to me.

That was the deposit on a rack, but I canceled the order 2 months after the promised delivery date had passed.
(first email to request cancelation and refund of deposit was on January 13, 2014)
Full details in my first post in this thread:
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1570833&postcount=364

Deposit hasn't been refunded as of yet. Last few calls went to a full voicemail box and did not receive any reply to my last couple of emails.

Also thanks to Old Navy for getting this thread on track.
I was hesitant to post in the witch hunt it was turning into. This seems like it has a chance of being much more productive.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just noticed this thread, and the move of Xoskel into the 'Beware' section.

Thank you for doing this. I still have nothing, but there have been some developments and I may have a resolution to my issue next week. I will update here when I am able to.

·
on line
3,285 Posts
Thanks for posting Old Navy! I gave John my truck (and $300 cash) back in mid-November 2013 to develop sliders for the Titan. It sat at his house for 2 months until I went to get the truck back. The sliders were not ready (something about missing a weld and having to fix it and then redo the powdercoating). I have not made contact with him for awhile because I knew that he was overwhelmed with the amount of rack orders that were outstanding.

I should have some time next week to check in with him and see about a revised date of completion.

Reading through this very good, very clean thread, it appears that no one here actually has been screwed out of their money / product. I know there are unrealistic wait times, and even more difficult to swallow excuses for those wait times, but it seems that product is making it out the door - albeit at a VERY slow pace.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Reading through this very good, very clean thread, it appears that no one here actually has been screwed out of their money / product. I know there are unrealistic wait times, and even more difficult to swallow excuses for those wait times, but it seems that product is making it out the door - albeit at a VERY slow pace.
And usually only after threats of legal action, pressing paypal for refunds, or having to have someone physically there to watch the work being done. Has he technically screwed anyone out of their money? Not technically, due in large part to the actions stated above. Try reading through the other longer, more detailed thread to hear about the lies, excuses, delays, etc. I think that's the part people keep glossing over. John will lie to you. He will lie in person, on the phone, via email, etc. You can call him up or email him right now, and he'll gladly take your down payment, and lie about how long it will take, all the while keeping those with current orders in the dark. I don't care if he's overwhelmed. It's his own fault for continuing to take orders he knows he cannot possible keep up with. That's not an excuse he or anyone should use for him. This is what drives me nuts about this. Yes, I have already received my rack, so no, I no longer have a dog in the fight, but it seems to me people keep overlooking these facts when it comes to John. Why the quasi defense? Am I right, or simply misinterpreting your statement?

·
Registered
152 Posts
And usually only after threats of legal action, pressing paypal for refunds, or having to have someone physically there to watch the work being done. Has he technically screwed anyone out of their money? Not technically, due in large part to the actions stated above. Try reading through the other longer, more detailed thread to hear about the lies, excuses, delays, etc. I think that's the part people keep glossing over. John will lie to you. He will lie in person, on the phone, via email, etc. You can call him up or email him right now, and he'll gladly take your down payment, and lie about how long it will take, all the while keeping those with current orders in the dark. I don't care if he's overwhelmed. It's his own fault for continuing to take orders he knows he cannot possible keep up with. That's not an excuse he or anyone should use for him. This is what drives me nuts about this. Yes, I have already received my rack, so no, I no longer have a dog in the fight, but it seems to me people keep overlooking these facts when it comes to John. Why the quasi defense? Am I right, or simply misinterpreting your statement?
Exactly. This is not a guy i would recommend anyone do business with. I effectively gave him a 9 month interest free business loan and that is not what I bargained for.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
701 Posts
i sent payment of $130.28 4/30/14 for a lo pro light bar. Asked him 5/13/14 when it'll be shipping and he said within the next two days, depending on powder coating. I emailed him ysterdat, 5/22/14 inquiring again and he said shipping tonight. Have not received any shipping info. I'll keep you updated. it hasnt been too long, but after reading these posts, i'm starting to not beleive that it's even done.

·
Registered
701 Posts
i sent payment of $130.28 4/30/14 for a lo pro light bar. Asked him 5/13/14 when it'll be shipping and he said within the next two days, depending on powder coating. I emailed him ysterdat, 5/22/14 inquiring again and he said shipping tonight. Have not received any shipping info. I'll keep you updated. it hasnt been too long, but after reading these posts, i'm starting to not beleive that it's even done.
shipped 5/27- i actually got tracking info and it's in transit. it'll arrive next monday, and my only time to get it installed was this weekend, but whatever. just glad it's on its way.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts