Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started out by removing the grill following these instructions. Next I removed the retaining clips from the bracket and slid it into place from the driver's side opening in the bumper mouth resulting in the below arrangement.

Bottom View Unbolted

Top View Unbolted

Then I attached the clips to hand tight

Bottom View Loosely Bolted

After getting the bracket lined up like I wanted and tightened down I went to mount the lights and ran into a problem. The cutouts on the bracket are exactly 7/16th and the KC 7/16th mounting studs looked to be slightly bigger than advertised. So off came the bracket and out came the files. Took just a few minutes to file out the cutouts enough for the stud to fit through. Once I remounted the bracket I got the lights mounted hand tight and proceeded to tackle the wiring.

KC 26 series mounted hand tight

I popped out the blank next to the cargo light and put this Daystar switch in. Ran 1 green and 1 white to the switch with the green (load) wire off relays spliced together near the relays. Tucked everything into some wire loom and zipped tied it at the back on some pre-existing wiring.

Wiring finished and everything tucked away

Lights post aiming

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nicely done, never would have thought of putting 26 series lights down there.
I went all OCD and measured 10+ times before ordering them and even still was nervous that they might not fit. Once installed there's plenty of room all around them.

I've currently got them aimed so that at 30' the hot spot meets up with the stock low beams and the additional light is much appreciated. Got some nice spillover to the sides of the road as well, though I may still angle the outer 2 lights out a little.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some quick shots I grabbed New Years Eve w/my iPhone, the front of the truck was angled slightly downward. I'll try to grab some better pics on a move level surface in the near future.

KCs only

KCs & low beams

KCs & high beams

·
on line
6,136 Posts
i like those KC's! Do you know if they will work with the 2nd Gen Xterra?
That needs to be tested, the Frontier give you a bit more space forward of the verticals, whereas the Xterra version mounts behind the verticals. Could be interference.

·
on line
6,136 Posts
These lights are of a similar width, I believe it was the verticals that stopped me from being able to mount 4 of them.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of an install or how this mounts? I got one used off a member but have no idea how it mounts.
gonna follow this for the same reason. got one used, not sure if i'm gonna run into any trouble once i start taking sht apart.

·
Super Moderator
4,293 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of an install or how this mounts? I got one used off a member but have no idea how it mounts.
Here is the text of a 3/7/10 post by John/Xoskel regarding installation:

Fangars said:
I never really wrote anything down, just this visual aid.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fangars...23971409/show/

First step is remove the grill.

After that its all very easy.

I have done it without removing the grill but it was very difficult, just did it to prove to myself it could be done. I do not recommend not removing the grill.

Let me know if you need any further instruction.

The hardware is pre-installed in the order it will wind up on the truck, all you have to do is loosen the nuts and sometimes washers, put the bolts through the proper holes and replace the nuts and washers where you got them.
The search site:thenewx.org xoskel instructions revealed these:

Xoskel Bumper Mount Light Bar Installation

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26185

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fangars/sets/72157618223971409/show/

How-To: Remove Grill

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2311

·
TNX Administrator
20,161 Posts
Thanks Robert, it's help like this that I like to see around here...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts