Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Not sure, tried a couiple of times today and yesterday, but it looks like it is down. Probably just temp.

·
TNX Administrator
20,448 Posts
AZ-Ted said:
Is XOC dead, or just temporarily down?
Maybe they are jealous of our sites' new format and they are updating theirs.

·
on line
576 Posts
Just got done talking to Alpine and it seems their hard drive crashed. It also seems the site hasn't been backed up for awhile. I hope they are able to recover, because it would be a shame to lose all that valuable information.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Wow, in todays day and age, hard drive crashes should not take down a server or site. Is it privately hosted in someones basement or at a real hosting company? If it's in some hosting company's data center, I would be looking for a new host.

There is no reason for a server to crash these days. Maintenance or loosing a main backbone are the only reasons for a site to be down. Between SAN's (or at least RAID) drives and clustered virtual servers with fail-over...server hardware should never be an excuse.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I am just shocked that such a large forum that has been around such a long time would have these types of problems.

Didn't something similar happen to them a year and half ago or so? I just remember a really long down time not long after I joined.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Yeah, once I found this site I pretty much stopped going over there. I check it out maybe once or twice a week to see if anything is new but for the most part I hang around here and one other site.

·
on line
384 Posts
I am a member of a forum board for Intrepid owners too and its been down for about the same amount of time. Hmmmmm..........

·
on line
830 Posts
Lyrex said:
I am a member of a forum board for Intrepid owners too and its been down for about the same amount of time. Hmmmmm..........
They make a forum for any cars these days dont they.

·
on line
704 Posts
XOC has to be moved to a different forum software as well... Search blows ass on that site :( This is a good opportunity to start fresh :)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts