Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Username: ASJ

So I've been wanting an Xterra for roughly 10 years now. I went through my lowered "fast" car phase (it was a civic and I was young...forgive me lol), and then got a manual which I would have loved had it not been a Mazda 3 that burned more oil than an STI (still a decent car just wasn't me). My wife and I try to be as adventurous and active as possible. So the Xterra definitely fits the exploring lifestyle we want. Still saving for more modifications, upgraded armor, front and rear bumpers, snorkel, and anything else I can dream up. So the mod list isn't as long as I would like but its a work in progress. Xiomarra (yes the name is technically misspelled) I picked because well, it starts with an X, and I'm going for a decently aggressive style while keeping it a daily. Seeing how the name means Ready For Battle which I thought it was fitting. I think I'm going to work on filming and taking more pictures and documenting adventures again as well. I used to do that and post videos all the time of previous adventures and builds and what not. Well anyway that's enough of my initial ramble.

Xterra's Nickname: Xiomarra

Make: Nissan
Year: 2005
Model: Xterra
Trim: Off Road
Color: Silver

Mods:
  • 40" Light Bar
  • Rear Off-Road Lights
  • Tyger side steps
  • Rear Diff Cover (PRG)
  • Diff Breather
  • KoyoRad A2807
  • Mounted shovel and an axe on back hitch
  • Custom Headliner (still a work in progress)
  • Falken Wildpeak AT3's (LOVE THESE)

Seeing that the X was high miles (190k) when I first got it the first thing I did was clean it thoroughly inside and out. Replaced belts, drained, flushed, and refilled oil, coolant, fluids. Removed the 10 pounds of dog hair that was inside. Seemed to be the smart thing to do. This winter I plan on doing the timing belt, spark plugs, and all the gaskets that go along with that obviously. If anyone has any recommendations I'm definitely open to it. I've already learned so much from all you guys on here and its much appreciated.

I want to put in a "control center" of sorts right by the top map lights. Wiring the rear lights, the light bar, and future lights I want to get to one area. Just spending a day doing it is not what I'm looking forward to but that is probably the next thing I have to get done.

Photos: Xiomarra - @return_of_asj

The above is a link directly to my ongoing story however if that doesn't work feel free to visit instagram.com/asj and click on Xiomarra...

Brand new (to me):

Headliner: (not everyones cup of tea I know but its mine and I love it)

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x (Super Black)
97 Posts
Love the name and the headliner is killer! Keep up the sweet mods!

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
787 Posts
Great looking truck and great name as well ! )) I glad Im not the only one who gives name to the trucks lol ))

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally was able to do a small lift! 2 inch spacer for now in the front since 5100s were backordered, and OME 1.5-2" springs (I should actually measure after its all settled). Also added the "iconic" Pro Comps lol. The offset seems great for now. I have the OR 32" size and there is some rub I definitely have to fix with he melt mod but I've been lazy. With 33's I'd expect it to poke out a bit more and give me the look I really want since this is my DD. I'm concerned about trimming metal but I'm sure at some point I'll get over that and just have to get it done. (Any advice I'd greatly appreciate it!)

I do have to say we took a trip up to the Finger lake region last week and this car on trails, highways, those stupid cobblestones in Ithaca, did PHENOMENAL. I love this thing more than when I first got it. Reliable, comfortable, ready for any and everything I throw at it. Just over 1,000 miles (with P0430 I think the whole time that has since gone away) and I have no complaints at all, just praise! Anyway just wanted to share a couple pictures. Hopefully soon more trips will be taken to better places with more views!

S/O to my lovely wife driving so I can take some pics.

Keep it clean!

Snorkel FINALLY came in after 2 months of being at sea or so. New LCA's, another alignment after that, the snorkel, painting the rear bumper & plastics, and POR 15 on the whole undercarriage coming soon!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts