Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
on line
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have driven through and/or over him...

He pulled out of a gas station to cross two eastbound lanes of traffic to turn west. First lane missed him and blocked my view, then he was in front, under, and spinning away from me. I didn't even have time to finish a one syllable word much less slow from 45mph.

Neither of us were hurt. Mine looks almost ok, with no body damage. The bumper never even touched him. It would seem that the tire took all of the impact, traveled through, broke the pass side axle, shock and twisted the LCA. The driver side suffered a twisted LCA also (maybe when the X came down from the jump). This all caused the front of the frame to be tweaked so you know what insurance said.

I found a straight frame in town for $300 and Saturday a friend and I pulled the body and transferred everything over and then buttoned it all back up in about 12hrs.

Next step is going to be the front suspension. I'm investing some of the insurance money into a new custom setup with more travel. I wore stuff out pretty quick anyway with the Calmini 3" SL and the ride was hard on it. Hopefully the 2" BL on helps take some of the new travel. I'm not adverse to trimming some but don't want to go the new fender route.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Impressive skills man.

·
on line
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah that was a long day. Thank God for air tools and the lift.

Switched shops today for the suspension build. The tow driver wasn't exactly happy about there being nothing much up front. Plus his truck was only a week old and he didn't want to scratch it. Shrockworks departure angle and boards did the trick.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts