Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market and am looking to purchase an X ofer the FJ and 4 Runner. Ive have located a new 07 Offroad with minimal options. Im asking what should i expect to pay / what should i bargain for. This only my second time bying an import vehicle. Last time i bought one i had to have my parents co-sign, so they did all of the barganing. Thanks

Hope to see talk to next after my new X

·
on line
298 Posts
I got the RF, rear cargo cover, and incabin filter. Pd 26000 otd. I dont know if this is a great deal or not, but its what I paid.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Have the 08 models come out? If so you should definitely get a much better deal than sticker price.

The question is what is the sticker price on the one you are looking at? Then what sort of rebates is the dealer offering? Finally ask the dealer to see the invoice cost on the vehicle.... that is the price that the dealer paid to get that particular vehicle on the lot.

Lets say that the dealer paid 25000 for the X and the MSRP is 29000. Well it is obvious that they will take less than 29000.

Remember this, you should do all of your negotiating without counting rebates. Just tell the dealer you dont want to hear about rebates untill you have settled on a price. A dealer will often make you think he is giving you a better deal on a car by giving you a 2000 dollar rebate. Well that is not money he is taking off the car really. Its too hard to explain on the computer but all a rebate is, is nissan motor corp. giving the nissan dealer money for selling a car. Its not money off the price of the car.

Good luck

·
on line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the feed back. For more info. Yes the 08's are in, and they have a couple on their lot. I am also going to be getting this X from the St. Louis area, up here in chicago it is virtually impossible to find an Offroad. The only options it has is the two package, auto dimming mirror, in cabin filter, carpet floor mats (useless) and the cargo cover. MSRP is $28,790.00. Edmunds.com is saying invoice is 26.9k.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
you can walk into a dealership and ask to see the dealer invoice on a particular car and they have to show it to you. You can always start from this price which is usually a few thousand lower then the sticker price. Most dealerships will be hesitant to go below the invoice price because they start losing money there, but if it's an 07 they want to clear out then you have a good chance at getting a better deal.

also, welcome to the board!

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Well if the invoice is 26.9K and the Sticker is 28.8K.... Try to talk them down to around 27.5K... Remember all this should be negotiated before rebates! If he agrees upon this price then ask him what rebates they are offering... If its 2K then you will get the car at 25.5K, which is technically below invoice cost.

I think I said this earlier... the invoice cost usually isnt the cost that the dealer incurred because once the car gets on the lot they add all sorts of little extra crap to it... like the tow package, dimming mirror, micro filter and carpeted floor mats. These things basically bring the invoice cost up because it cost the dealer money to put that stuff on the car. If you dont want some of them ask the dealer to take them out/off and then the price of that item can be subtracted.

Sorry for the long messages but these are things that I wish I knew before buying my truck (the X was the first car I bought on my own). Dont be a pushover like I was!!! It is your hard earned money and you need to save every penny you can. If the dealer is giving you a hard time do this: Dont take his card.... write down your number and name on a piece of paper and tell him if he wants to sell a car give you a call, otherwise quit wasting both of your time... then just leave. It may be a couple of days before he calls you back, but they always do!!

·
on line
1,884 Posts
edmunds.com

has a ton of info on pricing. I paid below invoice on my 2006 OR the day it came off the truck in Oct 05

·
on line
2,077 Posts
when i bought my X i was also considering an 06 chevy colorado the crew cab offroadish addition (don't criticize).....it was december of last year, they were having their red tag sale, the truck was price at 24K after red tag, invoice was 23K i believe, i had them down to 20K which was 10K cash and 10K on my trade in.......you would be amazed what dealers will do to make a sale sometimes, lol.....

only reason i went with the X was because i decide an SUV was more practical....moral of the story, make sure they know you have other options, you are there to make a purchase and you know your sh$t.

·
on line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well thank you all for the advice. After 280 miles in 3.25 hours, i am now the proud owner of a sliver 07 offroad. Paid 2500 under invoice, plus recent college grad, tax title etc. included. I will get some pics up soon. Aleardy my dog is loving it over the 07 mustang gt i traded in.

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts
:pirate: "Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated t' Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise t' share what you learn!" :3some:

So let t' mods begin: http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2742 :thumbup:

·
on line
432 Posts
Awesome! Enjoy =)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts