Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
on line
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I just bought my wife a 2007 Nissan Xterra S I got it off the lot it's equipped with 4x4, auto trans, Protection pkg, side steps and towing. And I got the dealer to add Door moldings at no cost. I traded in our 2000 Ford Expedition and walked out the door with the Xterra paying 26.5K. I think I fared all right. I owed 11k on the Expy and they offered me 8.5k for it. Plus I had to have it delivered to the island I live on from the mainland. I bought it primarilly because I really could not find anyone saying anything bad about it. Sure the gas mileage could be a bit better but when you come from a rig that's averaging 12mpg's this is quite the upgrade. I'm looking forward to modding it mildly: cat back, drop in filter etc. Is there any other free- cheap mods I should do? This is my wifes rig but it will be our primary family vehicle so mods need to be subtle. By the way I was looking to buy one with the side curtain air bags but was not upset when I couldn't get it after I found out that the Xterra recieved 5 stars on the front and rear side impact rating without airbags! Good job Nissan.

great board I look forward to contributing.

BC

·
on line
631 Posts
WELCOME!!

as with my recent incident... get a locking gas cap...

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Welcome aboard! Please also become familiar on how to post pictures as I am a huge fan of the Alaskan wilderness. :faroah:

It is time to put that 4x4 into good use. Congrats on the purchase. :cheers:

·
on line
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes! I will be utilizing the search function as much as possible and you can be sure I'll be posting some cool pics of the X in AK!

·
TNX Administrator
20,438 Posts
:pirate: Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated to Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise to share what you learn! :3some:

·
on line
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mcampana said:
You live in Alaska?! Now i have a reson to drive there for a road trip!

What do you do up there?
I'm active duty USCG. Been here for 2 years! I'm leaving next year and probably heading back to the east coast, probably New England.
[/img]

·
on line
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mcampana said:
Did we see you on deadliest catch?
LOL. No No not me! I did get a tour of the Cornelia Marie this summer and met the skipper of the Maverick. Cool show, we see those guys alot up here in Kodiak.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts