Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
on line
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the constantly posting noob. I live in Charles Town, WV which is one of the most eastern towns in WV. I'm very close to northern VA and MD. It'd be nice to see more people in the area from here.

·
on line
19 Posts
Hey Ricky -- I'm formerly from southern WV, now living in Sterling, VA. I'm on quite frequently, but don't post much due to my limited X knowledge ... anyway, nice to meet you

·
on line
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice to meet you. Sterling isn't all that far at all from me. I post a lot on here (for the short time I've been here). It's not so much from a wealth of knowledge but more of my not being affraid to look or sound stupid asking sometimes simple questions :albino: .

Do you have any wheeling spots? The only thing really that we have is a relative of mine has a piece of land with a nice mud hole that we go play in. I haven't taken my X there yet, but am looking forward to it after a lift and some minor mods (diff. breather extension and whatnot).

·
on line
19 Posts
Not really ... I too have a relative w/ some land near Parkersburg, but I get out there maybe two or three times a year ... I'm not overly familiar with this area, especially the surrounding wilderness.

Yeah, the mod bug bit me as well, I'm just waiting to save up the funds to dive right in.

·
on line
42 Posts
Hey XKITT, where in Southern WV did you live? I grew up near Princeton and have a lot of family down there still. I live right along I-79 north of Charleston now.

·
on line
19 Posts
vtengineer - I lived in Bluefield ... went to BHS (class of 01) and then Virginia Tech for school / grad school. Finished last December. How about yourself?

·
on line
42 Posts
I lived in Lashmeet, 10 miles west of Princeton near Matoaka. I went to PVHS class of 99, then to VT, graduated in 2003 with BS in Computer Engineering. I'm glad to hear someone else from the area went to VT, it was so close to home and a great school as well.

·
on line
19 Posts
Haha yeah, I hear you on that one ... I did BS Ocean/Aerospace Engineering and MS in Aerospace ... most of my family are WVU fans, nobody's perfect, right? :thumbright:

·
on line
42 Posts
Same goes for my family, my Dad is die hard WVU, and my little brother is there taking Forensics now. My wife went to West Virginia Tech, I always refer to it as the wrong tech to make her mad :). I haven't been on campus in over a year and a half, but would like to stop by there sometime this spring if I can find the time.

I bet things are alot different up near D.C. compared to Southern WV. Do you ever come in to visit? I usually make it down to see my family every 3 months or so.

·
on line
19 Posts
Yeah ... my gf is still at VT, and shes from the same area so I'm at home once every couple / few months or so. She gives me a good reason to keep visiting campus.
I got a couple friends at WVT right now ... haven't been to the Montgomery area since Oct or so.

Yeah ... this place is too city for my taste, but not a bad area. Traffic is for the birds though ... I'm used to seeing all of 2 cars on the road, ever. Pleasure to meet you, btw.

·
on line
42 Posts
Yea, I consider traffic in Charleston to even be too much for my tastes, thank goodness I live in a rural area north of the city. I grew up on a one lane road with cows for neighbors. It is a pleasure to meet you as well :).

So, how well do you like your Xterra after owning it this long? I am still twiddling my thumbs waiting for our off-road to come in from the factory :) and cannot wait. We are replacing a crew cab colorado with this and I think its a great change from what I have seen and read.

·
on line
1,340 Posts
I'm in NOVA.

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Ricky said:
I'm the constantly posting noob. I live in Charles Town, WV which is one of the most eastern towns in WV. I'm very close to northern VA and MD. It'd be nice to see more people in the area from here.
Hey, my brother is a policeman on the Charles Town PD.

·
on line
1,284 Posts
vtengineer said:
Hey XKITT, where in Southern WV did you live? I grew up near Princeton and have a lot of family down there still. I live right along I-79 north of Charleston now.
Where do you live? Elkview? I grew up in Clendenin.

·
on line
19 Posts
vteng - I've had my X for about 10-11 months and have put 21000 great miles on it. I couldn't be happier with it, and I only have the S trim. I have no doubt you'll be thrilled w/ an OR.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts