Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not a fan of Alloy wheels on an offroader, too flashy, and too vulnerable. SOOOOOOO........

I'm looking to organize a swap of steelie spares with the OR oem tires for my OR oem alloy wheels.

The terms I offer are as follows:

I pay shipping to you, you pay shipping to me (85712).
I will not ship the wheels back until I have 4 matching black wheels for my X.

My wheels are available first come first serve (the passenger rear has a touch of rash, see pics).

I may swap out the pressure monitors to the new wheels at my discretion.

Tires I receive must be in nearly new condition, less than 1000 highway miles. (nobody can swap out a bad tire in use for their good spare and then ship me the used tire).

My tires have been offroad but are in > 95% condition. Certainly spare worthy.

PM me with questions or to arrange shipping.

Pics of tires:

drivers side front:

drivers side rear:

Passenger side front:

Passenger side rear:

Passenger side rear rash closeup:

Example of the steelie I want:

* sorry for the picture theft, I'll replace it with a pic of mine when I get a chance.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Bummer, I've only got 1 steel!

·
on line
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cornick said:
Bummer, I've only got 1 steel!
I'm looking to get together with 4 people who each have a single steel spare. Or 1 person with 4 black steel wheels ( I supose).

But the OR model tires are the important part in limiting my potential swap crowd.

I would be willing to have the current OR tires swapped onto a steel rim for a non-OR owner, but that would be on your dime.

·
on line
139 Posts
Hmmm...I just posted about doing this about a month ago, but it looks like you actually have a good plan. I might have to steal your plan and try the same thing ;-)

Don't forget to post pics when the swap is done!

D-Rock

·
on line
671 Posts
4 steel rims will get me those rims?
I've got 3 right now.
thought about putting them on the OEM tires I took off at purchase time,
but your trade is intriuging.
the sensors would have to stay on rims though.
checking on the 4th rim today.
will let you know

·
on line
45 Posts
I've got a brand new steel spare on my 600 mile old off road X that I would trade...

Marty

·
on line
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
XterraAltius2 said:
I've got a brand new steel spare on my 600 mile old off road X that I would trade...

Marty
You seem to be the first on the list, unless Squawbanger has 3 spare style rims.

·
on line
671 Posts
no luck on the 4th yet.

·
on line
615 Posts
D-Rock said:
Hmmm...I just posted about doing this about a month ago, but it looks like you actually have a good plan. I might have to steal your plan and try the same thing ;-)

D-Rock
d-rock you still lookin to trade??? Can still meet you halfway between HKY and Durham

·
on line
139 Posts
santacruzed said:
D-Rock said:

D-Rock
d-rock you still lookin to trade??? Can still meet you halfway between HKY and Durham
I've been pretty busy so I've put the whole idea on hold for now. There have been some pix of "stealth" wheels posted up lately and that look has started to grow on me, so I may "reverse" my project and start looking for another OR alloy so I can have a full stealth set.

Nothing will happen until work lets up though... :-(

D-Rock

·
on line
58 Posts
Howzit, Count me in! I have a black steelie w/ BFG rugged trail brand new to trade for one of your offroad wheels with w/ BFG rugged trail. I'll be using it for the spare on the rear bumper so idealy I don't want the one with the gouge on it. My zip code is 96706 and I think that with only one wheel and tire we'll be able to ship with UPS to Hawaii. Aloha, nalu's one

·
on line
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok based on PM's and this thread it looks like I may have 3 willing parties;
nalu's one
PacificaX
santacruzed

Anyone else out there have an OR steel spare they want to trade for an OR Alloy?...D-Rock?

·
on line
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jollyman78 said:
I have an OR steel spare with 0 miles on it (been stuck under the truck since I bought it)... though I will be out of town for the next 2 weeks.

If you need 'em sooner, I understand.
This has been in the works for weeks now, 2 more won't hurt me.

·
on line
509 Posts
Hey if you need another one (im assuming that steel wheel is just the spare) I will be getting rid of my spare in the next week or so and getting one to match my others and you can have the wheel for free if you pay shipping and a box to put it in and 5 bucks for gas haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts