Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok in between the door and the body, once you open up the driver side door, there is a long black panel, and every time my stock sub hits the right harmonic, something behind that panel just buzzes like freaking crazy. im soon getting another 12" sub so i want to get this fixed soon... does anyone have any idea what is even the source of the buz and how should i fix it?

·
on line
1,361 Posts
is it the trim on the carpet or actually on the door?

If it's the trim on the carpet, on the floor, the 2 inch or so wide strip, then you can just pull it up, it pops into place, if you find the area that has the rattle you could put a little bit of foam under it and pop it back into place.

If its on the door, then I have no clue what you are referring too.

·
on line
169 Posts
If you find it let me know, I have the same problem.

·
on line
28 Posts
In the short time I've had the X I've learned the best way to get rid of strange in-cabin noises is just to turn up the radio. I've heard buzzes, gurgles, crackles, squeaks, and moans. I also believe my passenger seat could possibly be haunted. But what fun is a quiet truck anyway?

·
on line
1,716 Posts
EdHunter said:
In the short time I've had the X I've learned the best way to get rid of strange in-cabin noises is just to turn up the radio. I've heard buzzes, gurgles, crackles, squeaks, and moans. I also believe my passenger seat could possibly be haunted. But what fun is a quiet truck anyway?
For the passenger seat there is a TSB to fix that.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I have what sounds like a cricket in my drivers side door. At first I thought it was a blown speaker, but then I realized it was making the sound even with the radio off. I have not ripped the door apart to find the problem. It seems to only happen when it's cold out.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Something inside my dash board flutters about a minute or two after I turn of the Xterra after a drive of over an hour....

·
on line
45 Posts
I figured that was the power turning off, since it doesn't turn off immediately unless you open the door. That minute or so where you can keep operating the windows after you turn the car off.

I also have the buzz, I thought it was all the crap I had in the door pockets till I took it all out. I'll also be looking for the TSB for the passenger seat, *squeak squeak* it goes over every bump.

there's also something weird with my passenger door, if I go over bumps with the window down, the pass door makes some weird noises.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The window is most likely your regulator.

The sound even happens after you open the door. I am honestly not sure what it's doing, but it almost sounds like it's shutting a flap in the air vents.

·
on line
345 Posts
ok i made a discovery today that may solve some of these buzzing door problems. i took my door panel off a couple weeks ago to see if i could locate a wire that maybe buzzing but came to the conclusion that there were far too many things that could be making the noise. i opted to throw down the $50 bucks and get a dynamat door kit and "cover up" the noise

while i was putting on the strips today i discovered something. the front window slide/guide was EXTREMELY loose. this is the black bolt just above the speaker with a washer behind the head. the treads were completely gone from the factory and the bolt couldnt hold the guide tight against the door when i tried to tighten it. i took a smaller bolt that fit through the hole with out touching the treads and tightened a nut on the inside. the bolt doesnt have to be all that short either as it wont interfere with the window at all. this alone took away alot of the noise. i didnt test to see how much but just tapping on the door in a few places showed a much quieter result than before. not to say this is a problem with everyone but just thought id throw this out there. this also solved the rattling window effect that i got if i would be driving around with the window about half way down.

cliff notes : front guide for drivers side window was loose and bolt just above the speaker was stripped from factory. take the speaker out and replace the bolt with a smaller bolt and nut.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts