Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have on 07 X. Just below the ignition keyhole (or whatever you call the place where you stick your key in to start the engine) is like a rubber piece that sticks out a bit? Sorry, I don't have a pic, but it looks like it was implemented with only the 07's. The 05's and 06's don't have it according to my knowledge. Is it just a piece of rubber for protection to maybe prevent the keys from hitting that part and possibly scratching it?

·
on line
3,592 Posts
That is the same thing on my 07 X.. Could not figure it out.. till I seen the key's swing..

Its to prevent scratches, from the key swinging in a arc.

the few scratches I did have.. Little ICE, gone... :)

·
on line
264 Posts
i pulled out the rubber piece there to try and figure it out once myself and you could most likely install switches there too if you wanted there are a lot of little holes behind it

·
on line
463 Posts
Well, since I have an 05 and got real tired of the " Key Rattle"
that's a good idea on their part. ( Nissan )
But,
You can find a thread somewhere here for MC's famous off-road key.
great way to avoid locking yourself out while off-road too !

Jim B

PS
It is under his stereo face cover in the How To section.
JB

·
on line
384 Posts
My '06 needs that for when my wife drives. She has a large wad of keys and key rings all attached together and it drives me crazy when those things start swinging around.

·
on line
3,592 Posts
that key Mod, Can you post some better photo's...

But, My thinking on what you have.. you just take a spray can lid, Fill with Glue, set the key. Make sure it lines up..

It fits snugly over the key port to hide it?. correct?

With out testing it. Might need to find a matching paint rattle can lid. Buy second Program Key. Leave inside the X all the time. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts