Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the stealership wants $150 because the grille part number comes with all three peices, the outside "V" portion (the part I need) the honeycomb and the nissan emblem. Was hoping one of you guys with an aftermarket grille might want to sell this to me.

I used a cleaner I shouldnt have on that piece and it blotched for some reason. I thought no big deal, i'll paint it...long story short, that didnt turn out so well.

thanks

·
on line
1,208 Posts
I didnt have any problems with mine, just some good elbow grease on the sanding part and patience with the spray paint, doing both of mine took me about 2 hours total time. Then I let them sit and dry over night before putting them on. I have been to awtomatic car washes, manual car washes, and rain have no problems as of yet.

But yeah, try a junk yard or watch ebay for salvaged out X parts.

·
on line
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
brutus_skx said:
Lootz said:
35bones is a heck of a deal!!
you bet it is, I am about to call and get that if still available.

I tried to sand it down, I am just to picky and I can t seem to get it perfect

the first color I did it was silver (body color) but I didnt like that, so i sanded it down and did it gunmetle color, which I liked, but when I sprayed it with clear the whole thing wrinkled, sanded it down again and re sprayed it a black metle flake, and I could see the imperfections in my sand job, so, you can understand my desire to start new.

and yeah, that peice must be painted with watercolor, all I did was use a wheelcleaner product on it, the same one I had just used on another car (it takes the bugs off quickly) and it stained the hell out of it.

anyway, thanks for all your help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts