Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
641 Posts
Are you aware that you can buy them from the parts department at your local dealer?

More importantly, you should explain why you want the Nissan step rails, as they are next to useless if you want protection while off-roading.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
They are no useless if you are not going to off road. I am sure someone here will sell them to you. Otherwise contact Turnersville Nissan. They have them for $195 plus shipping. Shipping should be cheap as they are located in NJ. In the coupon code section put "thenewx" for a discount.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Back when I first got the X and still had the steps on it a friend of mine stood up on the drivers side to look at the roof bin. His first comment wasn't about the bin, but the fact that he thought he bent the step rail. They are pretty weak. Even if you don't plan to wheel, I think the money is better invested in Shrock sliders which work well as a step and don't flex when you stand on them. Just my opinion.

·
on line
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do I say this,,,, well I currently have shrockworks sliders as some of you know,,,I am expecting twins,,, So I gave my wife the Xterra and she is starting to have a hard time getting in&out because of the lift so I was hopeing someone would have steps ,,I too also evolved very quickly in this sport so I ended up buying a 99xj which I just did a clayton 6.5 LA lift + 8.8 with disc breaks don't get me wrong I still love my xterra!!!! trust me I beat the snot out of it,it ran great at rausch creek but I wanted more and then you start weighing your options,,,, and then it's also very disappointing when the "aftermarket world" builds a ton of crap for the new fj40 like 6" of lift & so on!!! so you wanted me to explain!!!!!!!!

·
on line
24 Posts
xterrafied said:
Sorry I won't be selling the sliders I will be putting them on the jeep
Is that feasible? If Xterra sliders fit a jeep, than why can't we all get jeep sliders? Are will they have to be welded in some make do manner? What about wheelbase, isn't an XJ a shorter wheelbase?

·
on line
1,891 Posts
I've got the OEM step rails on my '05. I take them on and off often, no damage to them at all. I'm looking to put some sliders on my X, so I'm defenitely looking into selling my step rails. If you can't put your sliders on your jeep I wouldn't mind trading for my step rails
;-)
I'd even pay the difference for them.
If your interested shoot me a PM.

·
on line
45 Posts
I just took my step rails off of my '06 X. I'm not sure if there's a differnece between 05 and 06 rails, but if there isn't, make me an offer, and they're yours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts