Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This past week at Gone, I some how stripped the splines on both the steering shaft and rack where they connect. I found someone who had done a SAS and could sell me there steering rack, but I still need to find a new steering shaft. I haven't called any junk yards yet, but I tried searching car-part.com and they don't have the part listed other than the whole steering column.

I am looking for the shaft that has the double U-joint in it that connects to the steering rack with a splined connection on one end and to the steering column with a flattened end of the shaft on the other side. Both ends have a bolt that clamps the connection tight. Even if you have a shaft with bad U-Joints, I can just cut and weld the end that I need on.

I am not sure if Xterra and Frontier have the same length steering shafts, but if they do, I'll take it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone know if this piece is interchangeable with a Frontier and Xterra? I would assume they are pretty close if not identical, but I don't know how much of the front end is identical to the Frontier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts