Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a set of good boots for the spc upper control arm ball joints just need the boots if they are not torn . I dont care if the ball joints are wasted just want the boots. Mine have two small tears in them .

Pm me or text 508-631-2504 . Thanks in advance -Keith

·
Registered
901 Posts
Looking for a set of good boots for the spc upper control arm ball joints just need the boots if they are not torn . I dont care if the ball joints are wasted just want the boots. Mine have two small tears in them .

Pm me or text 508-631-2504 . Thanks in advance -Keith
I think I still have one good one, if I can find it.

You can order them (yes, just the boots) from Nisstec for pretty cheap. They have the smaller boots that are less likely to catch on your coil bucket- if that's what caused your tears.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Serious ? I dont see them on their web site . But if they do have them i will have to call em up. Mine have cracks/tears in the boots from flexing not from contact .

·
on line
612 Posts
Yeah... Nisstec will definitely sell the boots alone but you need to call. I just replaced mine this past weekend and also did the bucket grinding that I never did before because I didn't think I had to. Two torn boots later bucket grinding was clearly needed.

Mobile post...

·
on line
425 Posts
Yeah... Nisstec will definitely sell the boots alone but you need to call. I just replaced mine this past weekend and also did the bucket grinding that I never did before because I didn't think I had to. Two torn boots later bucket grinding was clearly needed.

Mobile post...
I didnt think there was any coil bucket contact with the SPC UCAs?

·
on line
425 Posts

Mobile post...
I didnt think there was any coil bucket contact with the SPC UCAs? How does the bucket affect boot wear?

·
on line
612 Posts
I didnt think there was any coil bucket contact with the SPC UCAs?
There definitely was contact for me. I had to remove about 1/4" to 3/8" on each side to clear the bucket. What I had to grind away was so the boot wouldn't make contact with the bucket. If the ball joint was out in a different position it wouldn't have been a problem but it's set all the way inside to get a proper alignment.

·
Registered
595 Posts
There definitely was contact for me. I had to remove about 1/4" to 3/8" on each side to clear the bucket. What I had to grind away was so the boot wouldn't make contact with the bucket. If the ball joint was out in a different position it wouldn't have been a problem but it's set all the way inside to get a proper alignment.
Same here.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Contacted nisstec for a set . But still open to having a spare set from you guys .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts