Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rear diff went on my '06 "S", so I'm in need of at least a rear diff (3.13 ratio).

However, since I'm not in a huge rush to fix the X as I have another DD, I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to start sourcing some Titan swap parts and an OR rear diff.

Would be willing to travel to pick up parts around most of New England as well, so please let me know if you have anything, thanks guys.

·
Registered
308 Posts
You cant get just the rear diff. Even if you get a carrier with the correct gear ratio it will still be the same process as getting new gears installed. Id say start thinking about having new gears put in with a better ratio for your tire size.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When the diff went, everything got damaged. Gears, housing, everything.

You cant get just the rear diff. Even if you get a carrier with the correct gear ratio it will still be the same process as getting new gears installed. Id say start thinking about having new gears put in with a better ratio for your tire size.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked car-part.com briefly, but not eBay. Just looking to see what's available where, and for how much. Appreciate the suggestions.

Have you checked www.car-part.com or ebay or anything like that? The axle that's currently under my truck was found using car-part.com.

It's pretty likely that you can find a rear axle and matching front diff either here or any of the sites I mentioned fairly quickly.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
For the time and effort, you may as well upgrade to a full M226 axle.
Guys, I might be way out on a limb here...but I'm fairly confident that by the term "diff" the OP is not just asking about gears here but an entire rear diff. Could be wrong though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is correct, I need the whole assembly. Sorry if I was not clear about that.

Guys, I might be way out on a limb here...but I'm fairly confident that by the term "diff" the OP is not just asking about gears here but an entire rear diff. Could be wrong though.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where are you located and how much?

I have a c200k w/3.13 gears out of an 07 with 88k miles. Nothing wrong with it (I just swapped in an M226). I'd be willing to part with it if you are interested
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
9,953 Posts
Its common for it to be called an axle. No one calls an axle a differential.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
seriously? I mean seriously... I can't believe you are actually arguing about what an axle/axle assembly/diff is called. It is common for the rear axle assembly to be called a diff, just like its common for it to be called an axle (another PART of the whole assembly - you know, the metal shaft that connects the differential to the wheel)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts