Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some PRG 1/4 in. Spacers that will lift the front .5 in. And help level off the rake.

Let me know if you have a set for sale.

Thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
9 Posts
I actually do have some but am not sure I want to sell them or not. But I wanted to let you know something. I bought them with the same intentions as you and they absolutely do not fit without UCA's. I figured it being such a small spacer it would work, but I could not get mine to fit with a stock setup and standard length bilstein 5100s, so if you don't have UCA's I would say don't even bother until you pony up for those.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I actually do have some but am not sure I want to sell them or not. But I wanted to let you know something. I bought them with the same intentions as you and they absolutely do not fit without UCA's. I figured it being such a small spacer it would work, but I could not get mine to fit with a stock setup and standard length bilstein 5100s, so if you don't have UCA's I would say don't even bother until you pony up for those.
Interesting. I was able to put in a .5 inch spacer with no problems. There's no interference with the UCA at all.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually ended up buying a pair from PRG and like Brunnie, I had no issues installing them with stock shock bolts. I got the X aligned afterwards.

Rick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interesting. What I experienced was the total length of the shock was too long with the spacer to even fit back in. I had the suspension fully drooped out with the UCA resting on the coil bucket and the bottom eye of the shock was still probably 0.5" away from being aligned with the eylet on the LCA. The bilstein 5100 I put in was nearly the same length as the stock one bilstein 4600 I took out, maybe a few mm longer at the most. I was thinking the Off Road model had longer shocks than the standard and perhaps that was the reason but sounds like you have the OR too Rick...so I don't get it.

-Brad

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
The bilstein 5100 I put in was nearly the same length as the stock one bilstein 4600 I took out, maybe a few mm longer at the most. I was thinking the Off Road model had longer shocks than the standard and perhaps that was the reason but sounds like you have the OR too Rick...so I don't get it.
Being "nearly the same" and "exactly the same" are two different things. Those few MMs just might be the reason things didn't fit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Being "nearly the same" and "exactly the same" are two different things. Those few MMs just might be the reason things didn't fit.
Agreed, but the bottom eyelet was probably an inch out of alignment. I'm talking a 3mm max difference between the old and new shocks, not enough to cause that big of a difference. Just what I experienced personally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts