Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone got the OEM skidplates that you may have removed for upgrades.
want mostly for rocks
my dealer doesn't have them in stock.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
courtesy nissan online will have them pretty inexpensive. check them out online. shrock is better but when you're on a budget, you could double up some of the oem skids for less than a quarter of jim's stuff. i doubled a few and they have done all right.

·
on line
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not rock crawling.
limestone & granite coming up going fairly high speed.
traveling forest roads
Saturday a buddy of mine took a softball sized rock to the
oil pan on his Pathy & punctured.
Luckily we had liquid metal to seal with us.
We lucked out when a guy in a F150 had 2 qts of oil to add to our 4.
we got it out of the woods & he drove 120 miles home.
Mostly worried about the radiator & especially my plastic gas tank.
OEM would probably do.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
i did say some, plus when it comes to our wonderful plastic gas tank, i actually called jim for that one.

·
on line
197 Posts
Shrock, black powdercoated and shipped = $264
OEM, black =$175 + $100 shipping (WTF?) = $275 shipped

Seem like a no-brainer for the gas tank skid.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
It's amazing how expensive it is to ship the stock plates. I got an initial quote from UPS and Fed-ex based on rough size and weight, they told me $50 to ship ground. After I had them boxed up and already sold, I took them to ship them and it ended up being $98 to ship. The gas tank skid causes them to be an oversize package, even though the entire box didn't weigh more than 30 lbs.

Any way, be that a warning to anyone who tries to ship their OEM skids, the gas tank skid costs a lot. :)

·
on line
204 Posts
Not to change the subject, but I sell a lot of things on eBay and often times have over sized packages. I've found that FedEx ground tends to be a little cheaper when shipping oversized ground packages. Just thought I'd share that with you all...

·
on line
15,651 Posts
That's what I shipped my OEM skids. They were $2 cheaper than UPS. :)

But I do agree, FedEx many times is cheaper than DHL or UPS (unless you are talking international shipping and then DHL is cheaper).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts